TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a fun trip to Minnesota to do a trade. Traded my 09TW for a really nice Kawasaki Nomad. I still have a TW to ride with you folks so will be looking forward to doing rides still. The trip was over 4500 mi by the time I pulled into my driveway at home. My best friend that I served with in VN just lived 60 mi from the place I picked the bike up. We had a couple days. He has been through a hard time with cancer from agent orange. Lost a kidney over it, a tumor on the brain and one in the ribs. Been a real fight for him. When I was just a few miles from home he called as he was just at the hospital a few days before. There was no sign of any tumors, I was just elated and in tears for him. Amazing, hope it stays away from him. Went down across Iowa into Nebraska to spend a couple days and then across to Kalispell Mt and had a visit with a fellow I hadn't seen in 20yrs, was great, then back home from there. Now to head for Alaska for a few days or weeks, will see how it goes, then will drive my car back down back down. figure I will can up a few cases to bring down with me.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
pics or it's just a campfire story. ;)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am headed for Alaska Monday evening. Will look forard to getting that clutch in and doing some nice fall riding. Enjoy that TW, was good to me, and I am sure you will have a great time with it. Hopefully you can join us in Moab or some ride we can get together again.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back from Alaska. Had a great time as usual. Can't help but have a good time up there. Never got a line wet this time. Spent my time filleting fish for others so I wound up with 12 cases of smoked salmon that I did and canned. Will be good for a long time. Put a bit of jalepeno to give it a bit of kick. Also did a small amount that I just canned up without smoking. Good for making a patee for dipping.

Saw 22bears on the way down. Almost hit one, a big boar about 400lb at least. Was as tall as the hood on my rig. Lucky I was on the freeway just south of Prince George in British Columbia. He came across all 4 lanes at a dead run. I was doing 60 and hit the binders hard, was still moving forward when he went by my grill with 2ft to spare. Will put up some pics later.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Whoa, that's a big looking sucker.
Good Luck, looks nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts