TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had about 20 waypoints saved on my old GPS, most of them not titled, so I decided to go to all the places I saved and see if they went to anyplace special. Most of them didn't, usually a trail I marked for future exploration that ended up being a dead end or going to Posted property. There was a couple of keepers and also marked a few new ones for a later date. My GPS is a basic hiking model, when navigating to a waypoint, just points an arrow in the direction to go as the crow flies, doesn't tell you much more. 165 miles and 6 hrs. later, I'm back home with a sore butt. Got to get that seat pad on!

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That sounds like a fun adventure! What model GPS do you have? They often have a "change profile" function that you can change between profiles like hiking, driving, etc. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That sounds like a fun adventure! What model GPS do you have? They often have a "change profile" function that you can change between profiles like hiking, driving, etc. Thanks for sharing.
Garmin Edge 205, a biking/hiking type GPS. Shows a lot of stuff normally but when navigating to a waypoint, just shows a compass with an arrow pointing the way. Can also show the ETA. If I save a route, it will tell me when to turn, how far until next turn etc. It's been acting weird at times and no longer connects to the computer. Just got a Garmin Etrex 10 to use. This trip I was checking out old waypoints and saving the good ones on the Etrex 10. It was a lot of fun trying to find old places I've visited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts