TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once upon a time i seen a thread someone did an 18in rear wheel on a tw, i have a 32 spoke 2.5in wide wheel. thinking about a 5.40-18 rear tire to try for a while and a 4.60 front tire, have did numerous atv rear tires, want to try something different,

a 5.10 is to big for an xt225 but on a tw i think it would be great

·
Registered
50 Posts
Subscribed!

Due to the obvious lack of rear tire options for the TW, I've often wondered about doing a 17" or 18" rim conversion but wasn't sure about the availability of rims and spokes to mate up with the factory rear hub and never researched the option.

I'm really curious about what you come up with, and your impressions of the change, once you get it done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, Buchanan is the go-to source for custom application spoke kits. And I knew they could make custom sets as well. Or at least they did many years ago when I checked into building wheels for a project bike.... I just never researched to see if they offered an off-the-shelf kit specific to this application.

Looking forward to seeing your project

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the very same thing since I first bought my TW's. I have a few emails sent out as well as some "feelers" so I'll see what comes up.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very interesting...I've been researching something similar.

Take a look hear, as well as Buchanan's.
https://woodyswheelworks.com/
The wheelmaster out of Auburn, WA does custom wheels and custom spokes as well. He's done some great precision work for me in the past on another motorcycle.

Had a quote in for a custom respoke, $210 is what he quoted. Not sure about the cost for a custom wheel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have the wheel and hub and custom spokes all alced up, not trued, i have vever seen a 5.10-18 pr bigger on the xt225 or dr200, was looking for a different take on the atv tire situation for traction, anyway tw got sold, so the wheel combo is up for sale, maybe someone else can test it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts