TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This is the little, lightweight bike that I bought to replace my TW. It's a 1968 DKW model RT139. It's a 50cc two stroke, 3 speed, with the shifter at the left hand grip, like a Vespa. It's air/fan cooled, so it can crawl around all day, and not overheat. I put stiffer rear shocks on it along with a knobby on the rear, and a universal on the front, which I may put a knobby there also. One or two kick starting, and runs 28 to 30 mph flat out. I'm going to do some sprocket changes in order to give it a little more low end grunt. It only weighs around 150 pounds, and is just so light, and easy to maneuver. No turn signals, or horn to worry about. It has one of the little bells like you might find on a girls bike. No battery either. I love it. image.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cute, but I would have kept the TW. :confused:
I would love to have been able to keep, and ride my TW. Unfortunately I am no longer physically able to handle the weight. When it gets right down to it, these bikes are really pigs. They are heavy for their size, and whoa fully underpowered for their size, and weight. On the other hand, they are a capable machine, and they do what they are designed to do. I made a choice. This is still a free country(for the time being at least), and I chose to give up one bike that I could no longer manage, for a different bike that I could manage. It was not completely by choice. A little gift that I received during my 45 years of service to the emergency medical system has caused me to age prematurely, and will ultimately cause my early demise. A situation which I hope that none of you has to go through. With that said, you guys can just fuck off. This is my last post to this site. The items I have posted for sale in the classifieds can be found on eBay. Good luck with the auction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts