TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I had a 72 125 Enduro and then a 74 250 when I was in high school. Would love to have them again.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My dad bought a brand new 360 Enduro I think it was a '71; I loved that bike so much that before I bought my TW I was actually considering buying one. I found a couple of '74's and went to test ride the one nearest to me. I had forgotten how much work those bikes are to kick over. Suddenly, I realized that I was too old to work that hard. As a kid, if I wanted to ride my dad's motorcycle, I was welcome to if I could get it started. Back then, I was determined. That bike had a nasty kick back but I learned to keep my leg limber in anticipation. I remember compared to our other old bikes, I could hardly keep that 360 on the ground. I still love those old Yamaha Enduros and if Yamaha ever makes a retro Enduro I think I might be the first in line. Riding that '74 or should I say starting that '74 is what helped me make the decision to purchase my 2013 TW.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
i had a '78 dt175, loved that bike!

i still look them up once in awhile:
YAMAHA DT 175 1976

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Thing I liked most about those old air cooled two stokes? They where so easy to work on! My 76 RM-125 took about 1 1/2 hours to do a complete top end job and thats decoking the head too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Maybe that's why I like the TW so much! My first dirt bike was a 1969 Yamaha 125 Enduro. I loved that thing and even rode it in some Trials events.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My brother took the picture, he had a Honda SL125 in silver. My tent was on back of the Yamaha. We camped that night on that high ridge. Years later they made the trail non-motorized. Glad we did it when we could, good memories!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
SL-125 my first race bike. Full race prep with home made layed down Telesco shocks,Preston Petty fenders and a Torque pipe. Best finish was a third place at Budds Creek.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My first bike was a 1975 DT125. Loved it!!!
Owned it back in the late 70's, and rode all over where Giants Stadium was built, and where MetLife Stadium is now.
My buddies had the same year 175, 250, and a 360.
We were like a rolling Yamaha catalog.
Took it from Eastern NJ to my parent's place by Lake Wallenpaupak in PA, and had to stop twice to let it cool down. It would only do about 55, redlined in 5th gear, but that thing loved those trails down in the Meadowlands.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
First Bike and despite all the Street Bikes since....still my favorite{next to the T~Dub of course}:p

Kaw 250.jpg

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
driving home today i saw a super clean dt250 in the back of a truck. tried to pull up next to him, but he was a lane over and going fast past my exit. looked just like my '78 175, only silver and bigger.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
driving home today i saw a super clean dt250 in the back of a truck. tried to pull up next to him, but he was a lane over and going fast past my exit. looked just like my '78 175, only silver and bigger.
78 DT250 was silver and had black graphics on the tank.
I had one.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My first bike ever was a 1969 Moto Beta XC 100. It was used and abused and didn't run when it was given to me but I convinced pops to help me get it running and we did. Parts for them back in the early 70s were expensive and hard to get by today's standards. I was 13 when I got that bike and quickly outgrew it. Dad made me a deal that he would match me $ for $ to help me buy a new bike. I mowed lawns, shoveled snow and washed cars with reckless abandon for 2 years and bought a gently used Rickman 125 MX with the old 2 stroke Zundapp engine. GOSH I wish I still had that bike. They're soooo collectible now it's ridiculous but you never see that stuff coming as you grow up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts