TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Brian - How you doin ? Nice 350 , I saw it on C.L. Do you guys have any rides coming up ? I've been riding my 250 around Castro Valley lately , A lot of fun . thought I would look you all up . Here's my number - 209-499-6537 . Any body going to Japanese Motorcycle Swap in Dixon Next Month ?

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
A right of passage in this game is to have a Honda In Line 4. I had the 1979 CB750K Limited. (10th Anniversary special). Top heavy bike that was indestructible. Love the kicker.

The 750's are still one of my favorite really classic motorcycles that ever was. I had two of them.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I remember those XL's. Our Hare Scramble team raced a couple of them before the XR came out. We drove White Brothers nutz coming up with things to make them better.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That's a nice ride. IIRC, those didn't even come with oil filters :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's a nice ride. IIRC, those didn't even come with oil filters :)
They did come with oil filters, but they're enough to piss of the Pope. You have to remove the kicker, possibly the compression release (can't recall for sure) and then the clutch cover. The filter is a small square, about 1.5" x 1.5", and it's mounted horizontally under the clutch. With the cover off, it's an excellent time to adjust the counter-balance device.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I like the way you think. Except you got rid of your TW. lol

·
Super Moderator
5,169 Posts
Used to love the CB500/4 – nothing quite like it for lazy cruising style – the subsequent CB550/4 was the poorer cousin for most of us

But those 750/4’s have stood the test of time – indestructible engines

I had the misfortune to ride the 400/4 for a while – slow and heavy, the power only came in at 6500 rpm – red-lined at 9000 – useless – under the power band they used to go like a 250 ……..

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Right with ya on those 750/4's one of my all time favorite bikes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts