TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
I looked at every OEM part place I could think of and nowhere could I find one for you. Have you tried ebay and other sources? Can anyone out there help this brother?
Couldn't Find The OEM Wire Harness [Part Number 2JL-82590-00-00 ] For My TW. Got The Wiring Diagram . Where Can I Buy those Color Wires & What Size

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
I saw that. I'm pretty sure they are different because of the change in 88. Anyone know if they are different for sure? TW-Brian...Elime...Anyone???
I thought I saw one for a 90 and thought it might be the same. I will keep looking.

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
I would try to contact them through the website and ask just to make sure...
Thanks Everyone. I Have 1987 TW200 Japanese Model Number 2JL0. The One I Need Part Numb 2JL-82590-00-00 . I Just Wanna Make Sure 2JX-82590-00-00 & 2JL-82590-00-00 Are Same. Does Look Like Same Wire Harness To Me . Are Their Any Differnce?

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
I'm trying to contact them for you. Perhaps I'll have an answer for you later. :)
I would try to contact them through the website and ask just to make sure...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I can't help with your search, but do offer my support. I love my '87, and know several others here love their's as well. Not to mention the absolute fastest TW model ever made.....Of course that doesn't include the modded ones with the TTR or XT engines.:cool:

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
I'm trying to contact them for you. Perhaps I'll have an answer for you later. :)
Here's what they said:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for contacting us at MotoSport.com.
I don't have that 2jl part number in my database, and its not telling me that part 2jx supercedes the 2jl. Unfortunately and I hate to use that word, I can't tell you much about that 2jl part number. If you can verify with your local dealership if those part numbers supercede or if that 2jl part number is for a different bike. I can tell you the part number I have says direct fitment for your tw200 Thanks Tom. Hope this helps.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re available via email, phone or online chat Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT, and Saturdays 7 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT.
Thanks,
Ryan F.
MotoSport Gearhead
MotoSport.com
(888) 676-8853
"The Guys that Ride!"

So...According to them, it should be a correct fit. That's the best I could come up with...:)

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's what they said:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for contacting us at MotoSport.com.
I don't have that 2jl part number in my database, and its not telling me that part 2jx supercedes the 2jl. Unfortunately and I hate to use that word, I can't tell you much about that 2jl part number. If you can verify with your local dealership if those part numbers supercede or if that 2jl part number is for a different bike. I can tell you the part number I have says direct fitment for your tw200 Thanks Tom. Hope this helps.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re available via email, phone or online chat Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT, and Saturdays 7 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT.
Thanks,
Ryan F.
MotoSport Gearhead
MotoSport.com
(888) 676-8853
"The Guys that Ride!"

So...According to them, it should be a correct fit. That's the best I could come up with...:)
I Already Contacted MegaZip.net - New Genuine OEM Japanese Parts Online Store .here is what they said
Nikita S.
Dear Vishwa Kaushalya,
wire harnesses with catalog numbers 2JX-82590-00-00 and 2JL-82590-00-00 are different. Version for USA was equipped with side stand switch, version for Japan was not. Speedometer cables, by which these two versions of motorcycle were equipped, are also different.

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
I wondered what the differences would be on a US model and a Japan model. My take on this would be the kickstand safety switch doesn't make a difference, just connect them and if your model is one with a round bullet headlight and ours are the square lights, there perhaps might be a slight difference in the lead length going to the speedo/light assembly although I'm not sure about that at all. What are your thoughts? I'm thinking it may work...

I Already Contacted MegaZip.net - New Genuine OEM Japanese Parts Online Store .here is what they said
Nikita S.
Dear Vishwa Kaushalya,
wire harnesses with catalog numbers 2JX-82590-00-00 and 2JL-82590-00-00 are different. Version for USA was equipped with side stand switch, version for Japan was not. Speedometer cables, by which these two versions of motorcycle were equipped, are also different.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wondered what the differences would be on a US model and a Japan model. My take on this would be the kickstand safety switch doesn't make a difference, just connect them and if your model is one with a round bullet headlight and ours are the square lights, there perhaps might be a slight difference in the lead length going to the speedo/light assembly although I'm not sure about that at all. What are your thoughts? I'm thinking it may work...
Yeap. You're Right. 2JX-82590-00 exact fit for my TW 200. Think about the shipping cost (To Sri Lanka)& custom fee . Should be around 470$. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,800 Posts
That's some serious $$$!!! But...on the other hand, there's one out there. ;)
Yeap. You're Right. 2JX-82590-00 exact fit for my TW 200. Think about the shipping cost (To Sri Lanka)& custom fee . Should be around 470$. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.