TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is my 1987....... 32K miles , has a wetland camo dip, new chain slider, new rear brake shoes, and PA inspected until 8/16. She has the dreaded base gasket leak but she comes with a new '92 Yamaha gasket and a complete Athena top end gasket kit to fix it yourself. She has been ridden and it shows. Starts,runs, and rides fine...minus the base gasket as mentioned. I'd hate to part it out and rather it be sold as a whole. No time to ride so I'm posting it here because of our passion for Tdub's. Clear title in hand. See photos.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Up for sale is my 1987....... 32K miles , has a wetland camo dip, new chain slider, new rear brake shoes, and PA inspected until 8/16. She has the dreaded base gasket leak but she comes with a new '92 Yamaha gasket and a complete Athena top end gasket kit to fix it yourself. She has been ridden and it shows. Starts,runs, and rides fine...minus the base gasket as mentioned. I'd hate to part it out and rather it be sold as a whole. No time to ride so I'm posting it here because of our passion for Tdub's. Clear title in hand. See photos.
Hopefully someone will grab this up. Sorry you have to let it go. Good luck with the sale.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Quick.. Catch it if you can... They are fasssst!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Darkestdarc I'm sending you a PM

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have family in the region that could pick it up for me. I'll be making tons of phone calls tomorrow. I noticed the no kicker which is a must have and figure that a good time to address that would be during a six speed conversion. :)

TW's hold their value fairly well out here for good fair reasons. I aint cheap just the ones that come up for sale around me are a little out of reach right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jut, I am getting offers form locals and would rather not have to travel; but if they are just tire kickers I'll let you know. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Im in Phila and if someone here from the forum wants to negate with the seller, I can store for you for 6 months indoors real easy till you can make it out,
Just sayin'
Peter B
Mighty nice of you to offer that Peter! :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pete,

If I can't work out the logistics and someone else doesn't beat me to it I just might take you up on the offer.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Note the the body work on the left side cover. Looks like a chain blowout was glassed over.

Heck, less than 3000 miles away from you, Flathats. :D

That is one heck of a great price for a complete '87.

BUT....be aware...that bike does NOT have a kick starter kit on it. It was either removed, or an engine swap.

And...a minor issue, the clutch cable actuator arm spring, down at the engine case, needs to be clipped in properly.

Yes...I do look these things over carefully. :p

·
Registered
158 Posts
I figured it to be JB Weld. If its working and holding I aint worried about it. If It's sketchy we'll Heli Arc it. It's only metal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Correct Jersey --- That's why I took that picture and did not want to mis-represent the bike. It looks like a JB weld repair. When I got the bike I looked for a side cover to replace it with, but as we know the '87 is a one year only and are hard to find. I've been told a newer year cover will fit with machining, but I did not want to venture down that path.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Loll first world problems. Since I been to third world countries before I think we're blessed to have them. Torques me off that they ate all my fun money but hey it coulda been worse.

It'll take me six weeks to scrape the dough back together. Anyone in WA need a 73 Ford F150 chore truck ? How about a nice 87 Subaru 4x4 wagon ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts