TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was just talking to the OP on facebook, and it looks like his bike may be a transition model with '87 plastics, and '88 electrics. His 10th VIN digit is J, indicating model year '88.

I was mentioning to him that out of all the TW200 color schemes, the '87 red and white is my favorite. I'd like to find a nice one to buy around here. (y)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hope you have a heated garage or live in a warm climate. That may be an involved (aka, extended) project. 👍🏻

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you have a heated garage or live in a warm climate. That may be an involved (aka, extended) project. 👍🏻
Lol thanks I live in SC I think with enough money I can get it at least trail worthy in a couple weeks mostly waiting on parts. Pretty sure I can get it together in a few hours or so. Now lights and such may take a little more thinking but mainly looking to ride around the yard with the kids

·
Registered
173 Posts
Gotcha. Out of curiosity, where in the Palmetto State? Upstate? Piedmont? Coastal?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ha! I lived there for 14 years. When I left I was near that Lowes grocery store on Suber Rd. in Greer. You’re in one of best cities in the country!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update! Got it running and rode it today thanks for the great info on this forum. Also if you need a cdi for these older bikes Tom bauer is the man! Waterloo specialties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts