TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice looking TW few months ago that I knew had a carb problem. I cleaned it and it rode fine and then just got hard to start again. I have already ordered
a Mikuni VM28-418 and new twister and throttle cable and eliminate the old air box. After reading through the forum I couldn't find the answer to my problem:

on a 1989 will the original Carburetor joint pn 2JX-13586-00-00 fit the Mikuni Vm28-418 or will I need to get the newer 2008 and up joint pn 5LB-13586-02-00 and accessories or will I need to source
another joint? I don't trust my measuring what I have versus what shows up on Thursday. The Mikuni has a 33mm intake. I would like to have everything here at once.

Any recommendations on a air filter for a most street bike. I am happy to be rid of the old system and prefer something that's easy on/off for the space.

thanks,
Greg

·
Super Moderator
5,166 Posts
Hi Greg - nice avatar - I presume that's you in the picture ?

The early type is more likely to fit than the post 2001 models - check with the supplier if possible first

Welcome to the mad house ..... ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep I’ll call the supplier and check.

I could look like the avatar with some work but it is a still from the 1977 Italian movie Suspiria that
got some play last year and a 4K restoration and since there are no new ideas there is a USA
remake to release this year.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts