TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum members, I have a TW I’m listing for sale. Below is a copy past from my CL add, please for give the wording and detailed description as it was written for the general internet shopper, not for the experts here on the forum. (for the record I’m not a TW expert). Let me know what you think.

1989 Yamaha TW200 Trailway

Recently rescued from a stalled project. Just over 6000k original miles, very original sympathetic refurbishment.

Currently runs and drives as it should.

Overall this bike is in good high quality daily driver appearance.

Electric start, fires right up when cold. Also has kick lever.

Mechanically very sound with fresh carb rebuild after ultrasonic cleaning,
jetted for altitude, stock jets included if you want.
New AGM battery, charging leads installed.
New fork boots in a high quality material from ProCycle. Left fork seals replaced as it was leaking, right side in original condition and I will include the replacement seals for that side.
New seat cover correct for this colorway which is a two tone blue. Plastics in over all good shape and in presentable condition for a bike to be ridden regularly. New rear turn signals correct for the model.
Shifts smooth with light couch feel. Brakes very user friendly.
Tank is original paint and decals with minor scuffs and one dent just bigger than a quarter on the right front edge, visible in pics.
Tank interior was cleaned and surface rust removed, new petcock and strainers, all new fuel line and filter.
Tires are in near new condition, unsure how many miles on them but the are obviously recently installed.
I have new levers on the way and will instal before sale.
New grips, cables all in good order.
New-ish larger aftermarket foot pegs, originals included.
Plated and street legal with title in hand. Current registration expired.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello forum members, I have a TW I’m listing for sale. Below is a copy past from my CL add, please for give the wording and detailed description as it was written for the general internet shopper, not for the experts here on the forum. (for the record I’m not a TW expert). Let me know what you think.

1989 Yamaha TW200 Trailway

Recently rescued from a stalled project. Just over 6000k original miles, very original sympathetic refurbishment.

Currently runs and drives as it should.

Overall this bike is in good high quality daily driver appearance.

Electric start, fires right up when cold. Also has kick lever.

Mechanically very sound with fresh carb rebuild after ultrasonic cleaning,
jetted for altitude, stock jets included if you want.
New AGM battery, charging leads installed.
New fork boots in a high quality material from ProCycle. Left fork seals replaced as it was leaking, right side in original condition and I will include the replacement seals for that side.
New seat cover correct for this colorway which is a two tone blue. Plastics in over all good shape and in presentable condition for a bike to be ridden regularly. New rear turn signals correct for the model.
Shifts smooth with light couch feel. Brakes very user friendly.
Tank is original paint and decals with minor scuffs and one dent just bigger than a quarter on the right front edge, visible in pics.
Tank interior was cleaned and surface rust removed, new petcock and strainers, all new fuel line and filter.
Tires are in near new condition, unsure how many miles on them but the are obviously recently installed.
I have new levers on the way and will instal before sale.
New grips, cables all in good order.
New-ish larger aftermarket foot pegs, originals included.
Plated and street legal with title in hand. Current registration expired.
I guess it would help if I included asking price:

listed for $3200

1 - 4 of 4 Posts