TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the slow process of redoing this bike. I took carb off a while back to do some Major cleaning (Bike had been sitting til tank rotted) bike did run prior to me taking it apart- Now putting back together. There is some sort of Vent port on each side of carb. What or where do these hook to or go? Can't find any good pics if older carbs with lines hooked up. Thanks! I have been waiting for a friend to braze tank.... Now if I can get it up and running again I may just order oversize tank off Ebay. First I have to go put a clutch in my (my sons) 97 Kawi Lakota

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a pic of the newer Teikei carb.

The upper hose is an air vent. The hose from the bottom is for the bowl drain and overflow.

The carb will still work without the hoses in place. Don't know if that's true on the pre 2001 carbs.

jb
My carb is different than that. I had found that writeup doing searches. My vents are the exact same height but on opposite sides of carb. I am going to get new spark plug today and see what happens with Make shift tank LOL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No pics to post. Mine is a 90's mod. A vent tube on the back side (pointing at Battery box/vent box) has a clear long tube that runs down beside the battery vent tube. Turned mine into the shop. being old I hope they can clean it up good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pics to post. Mine is a 90's mod. A vent tube on the back side (pointing at Battery box/vent box) has a clear long tube that runs down beside the battery vent tube. Turned mine into the shop. being old I hope they can clean it up good.
I actually started mine yesterday! Still have no tank... Used a funnel. I may just Tthe 2 vent together. Didn't seem to matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts