TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently aquired a 1990 TW with about 1300 miles on it. It has been sitting in storage for the last decade. Fuel tank was left dry and condensation has taken its toll and started rusting from the inside out. Doesn’t appear to be to bad. I purchased a tank restore kit and I am just waiting for available time to start in on it. I have a new battery, carb kit, oil/filter and air filter on order.

Considering tearing down the bike completely and doing a frame up restoration on it over the winter. Really just want to get the bike running right now. For the time being, does anyone have any recommendations on other parts of the bike I should check on to get it up and going?

Looking forward to any and all words of wisdom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome, Sampzen. I, too, have a 1990 TW that I purchased several months ago. Like you, I am considering total restore or just keep riding it. If you end up restoring it and somehow find original tank decals, I would be very interested in where you find them. Also, mine has a re-covered seat in black; I think it looks much better than the original seat which, I believe, was a grey color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcoming littletommy.

Fester, the seat that I am assuming is original is blue on my bike. The rest of the bike is black. If I do end up doing a ground up restoration I am honestly thinking about removing all decals and going with a different color. Other than occasional trail riding I have and am considering turning it into my hunting rig. I have read some reviews of guys loving the TW for hunting due to the low gearing.

·
Registered
8,356 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
GaryL thank you for directing me to your post. That was a great read and greatly appreciated.
gary's post on bike rejuvenation is the gift that keeps on giving.

ride on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts