TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my TW set to long and it will not idle. I disassembled the carburetor to clean it and have a question about the coasting enricher. I tried to remove the brass mechanism but was unable to do so. My question is, should there be any movement from the "button" on the enricher? tw carb side view.JPG tw enricher.JPG

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
YES! The plunger should move freely. They are a PITA to get out for replacement but if you carefully use a small and sharp chisel with a few taps from a small hammer you can free them for removal. I have one out now and a new one going in today.

GaryL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES! The plunger should move freely. They are a PITA to get out for replacement but if you carefully use a small and sharp chisel with a few taps from a small hammer you can free them for removal. I have one out now and a new one going in today.

GaryL
What symptoms would you experience to cause you to replace the enricher?

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
What symptoms would you experience to cause you to replace the enricher?
There is a tiny spring behind the brass plunger. It that plunger does not move freely and pop back when you push it in it is no good. There is a diaphragm over that plunger with a larger spring and then the cover. It all works together. Check the rubber on the diaphragm for splits or cracks. I think if all is good elsewhere in the carb and only the enricher is bad you will likely have backfiring on deceleration.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Hello,
The piston is fixed on the membrane
View attachment 186768

View attachment 186770
I have no idea where you got that picture info from but I just replaced that exact part in one of my carbs and there is no such piston fixed on either side of the diaphragm. Your first picture on the left shows the piston I referred to and there is a tiny spring under it allowing it to move in and out under spring pressure. I have never seen a diaphragm with that attached plunger in an early model TW carb. What you are showing is the correct parts for the newer carb that came on bikes after 2001 with a completely different carb. Go here https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1993/trailway-tw200e/carburetor-non-california-model. You need part #32 Diaphragm set for your carb which is the same for all TW carbs from 1987 through 2000. In 2001 the carb changed and the parts are different.

GaryL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts