TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share a project I just wrapped up. Got a hold of my bike I rode as a kid and got it running. Tank was full of sludge and got it cleaned out, replaced carb, plug, and battery and actually got it running after 6 years of being in the sun. Ran so well that I found this site and it inspired me to give it a new paint job. Came out great and feels like a new bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Wanted to share a project I just wrapped up. Got a hold of my bike I rode as a kid and got it running. Tank was full of sludge and got it cleaned out, replaced carb, plug, and battery and actually got it running after 6 years of being in the sun. Ran so well that I found this site and it inspired me to give it a new paint job. Came out great and feels like a new bike.
This is awesome, I love it.

K-Dub on our recently completed Moab TW gather has the matching riding shirt.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Excellent resurrection of the old Kenny Roberts Speed Graphics style. If only Yamaha would adopt your excellent idea for the 2021 TW!

8bulls and Yamaha both could consider changing to a better front tire for the TW...something that can accept simultaneous cornering and braking loads without washing out and causing a scratch on that beautiful paint job.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Plus one on the great job, both getting your bike back on the road, and a super paint job. Did you do the seat cover as well? It looks very nice. The Arizona sun is pretty tough on seat covers and the foam.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Out-Standing!

Great job, man.

Are you a fan?"
My favorite King Kenny photo. Astrodome Short Track Nationals...I was there!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Out-Standing!

Great job, man.

Are you a fan?"
My favorite King Kenny photo. Astrodome Short Track Nationals...I was there!
fantastic picture , but I have to admit the tracker with that tz 750 engine in was a beast, and even kenny was nervous riding it again after so many years , who wouldn’t, lovely picture I have to admit , I wish it was my bike, do you think he would swap for my t dub ��

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
What balls he has!

"They couldn't pay me enough to race that thing again!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seat was in decent condition and blue before. it was stored outside but had a towel covering the seat. I almost purchased a new seat, but decided to try a black vinyl rattle can. It went on smooth and took well. i garage it now, so it will be good for a long time.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Plus one on the great job, both getting your bike back on the road, and a super paint job. Did you do the seat cover as well? It looks very nice. The Arizona sun is pretty tough on seat covers and the foam.
It's so dry there compared to anywhere else on the continent. You couldn't have a better region to restore vehicles sitting outdoors. Where I'm at 1 year outside or in a shack even and it would quite rusty. In the elements freezing and thawing for years you'd have to tear it right down and do a complete rebuild.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts