TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again TW Fans,

What a day! After much indecision and annoying back and forth wishy-washiness (apologies to those I annoyed besides myself), I have found the bike that will take me around Mongolia! There is a brand new (in fact still under construction) Yamaha dealer here in Ulaanbaatar. They have exactly one AG200E that a Japanese Sales Manager gave them to test the market. He allowed them to sell it at a special price ($3400 USD) to test the market.

Your 20131110_130611.jpg 20131110_130340.jpg 20131110_125214.jpg 20131110_125208.jpg 20131110_125009.jpg own Mongol Pete will be the 1st foreign customer of Yamaha Motors Ulaanbaatar, and the first Yamaha 200E owner in Mongolia! I'm buying it on Wednesday! I really wish there were conditions to warrant the purchase of the V Star 1300, but there just aren't.

Thanks to all of you who reached out with 'which bike' advice. God willing, many pics of Mongolian adventures to come!

Cheers from Ulaanbaatar,

MP

·
Registered
976 Posts
Congratulations Mongol Pete!

I certainly can't speak for everyone here, but I'd take an AG200 over a V star 1300 any day. You're gonna have a blast on that bike.

Ride well and please keep us posted!

Reactions: Mongol Pete

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Outstanding! I can't wait to hear your reports of the new AG200, Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i'm excited to follow you on your adventures. congrats!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Ditto.

Maybe I'm over-romanticizing but with so little pavement there, who gunna buy that 1300?

I did not realize that yours would be the first when I suggested it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
MP - Excellent news!

This is great. You didn't have to pay for shipping from the US and now you have a dealership connection (for parts, service, etc.). AND, you have a brand new bike, AND it is an AG200.

I am really looking forward to the Mongolian ride reports and pictures.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Can you put together a "group buy" and send us a dozen or so? If we could get them, I know there are a few folks who would want one for sure.

Reactions: Dubzha

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I'll bet the fork boot vents are a real confuzzler for them. I'll bet there aren't more than a handful of bikes using them nowadays.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pete I'm excited for you. Sorry if I missed it -- What do you do in mongolia?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I peeked. It was a balmy -2F in Ulaanbataar this morn. You gunna ride that thing, er what?:evil6:

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
It's gunna be a brutal here today. High-80's, mebbe? Brrrrr!

I reckon he'll get the last laugh in somewhere around March when he starts posting glimpses. I'd kill to ride there. Been on my list since I was about 6. lol. The "Wild West of the Far East", as Pete puts it.

I'd double-kill to see a pic of one of my coolers on a bike, in the Gobi with a camel chewing on Pete's shiny new seat. Might be as close as I ever get if I get hit by a bus tomorrow, er sumpin'.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hey Russ, maybe you should send him one of your coolers with some extra long oil lines so he can stick it down his shorts to help keep his engine warm?!
i don't think russ has worked on that adaptor yet.... just remember how apoplectic he got describing banjo fittings, this would have him ranting for days.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That reminds me. I forgot to wind my Aploplex.

I thought it was Thursday. Am I wearin' a hat?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Jim,

Yes and yes, but I'll likely wear out the original tires 1st. You can bet your ass I'll do the broom broom noises thing often. Also, I'll spend some time getting to know the manual, and maybe buying some gear for long rides. I'll learn what tools I'll need, how to adjust the spring for heavy loads, and what is the deal with the front suspension. I don't like the looks of those vent tubes that go nowhere. I'll refer to the manual to make sure there specs. These guys are just under way and barely operational, so I may have to be patient with the service department. I'll learn as much as I can about the bike in the down time. I will most certainly ask about the shipping crate, cause those TW boys back home would love to see me Stateside on my AG someday.

Thanks again,

MP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts