TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To commemorate the historical event of being first to post in the picture forum...............................heres a picture :)
Had some things to do at the shop today so decided to take Blue.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice pictures? If your not on the FBI relocation program. How about updating your profile location so we know where your from. ;)
Rick
Sorry Rick, fixed it now. I live in Coos Bay and you can see in the second pic, through the fog the Sand Dunes here. Now since I had to post again and 66roadkill66 posted his DR, I get to post my other ride. :p
image.jpg

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Sorry Rick, fixed it now. I love in Coos Bay and you can see in the second pic, through the fog the Sand Dunes here. Now since I had to post again and 66roadkill66 posted his DR, I get to post my other ride. :p
View attachment 17545
You have an interesting area to ride. I find it fascinating to use Google Earth to get the lay of the land of our members. Are the pictures taken just north of Baltimore Rock. You sure do have a lot of sand dunes in your area. It looks like your sand dunes are high above sea level. Thanks for sharing.
Rick

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The location of this picture is 43°30'10.3"N 124°02'08.6"W
View attachment 17548

The location of this picture is 42°38'59.2"N 124°24'28.7"W
View attachment 17549

Yes we have a lot of dunes along the Oregon Coast one of my favorite playgrounds. The dunes are pretty much at sea level with the tallest dune being around 500 feet.
That was cool BMG with you referencing the Long/Lat I was able to get a real prospective on where the pictures were taken. I was also able to enter Street View, and view 360 degrees. Street View is an interesting feature a little scary but fun. Awhile back my Mom and I was talking about our vacation to Mexico in the late 60s. We were able to electronically walk around the streets of Mexico City. My Mom is 82 and computers scare the hell out of her. I keep trying to buy her one but she won't have nothing to do with them. She just can't get past all the horror stories she sees on the news. Thanks again I enjoyed my visit.
rick

Reactions: Bmgm37

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum Don!!! Enjoy that bike bro, they are very unique. Holler if you need help with anything too!!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I won't tell you to replace that front tire, but I'm sure someone will soon!! :D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
It's just a poor tire that Yamaha keeps putting on at the factory. It will wash out on you off road. Other tires such as the Shinko 241 or 244 are cheap to buy and are a huge improvement. Once you get the right tires and settle in on a good tire pressure for yourself off road, the little bikes are almost glued to the earth. If you just got that bike and the miles are low, you should replace the chain also with a O ring or X ring chain before its too late and you have to replace the sprockets too.

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
No exciting locale, but still proud of my first TW200!

View attachment 19600
Welcome DonNWArk88 and enjoy your new TW.

We must have the same year TW (2015).

Of course I've already modified mine by taking some of the stuff off my 2005 TW (Cyclerack, wider footpegs, SR244 front tire, high front fender) and putting it on the 2015, with some brand new items (hand guards, tank bag {waiting to put on new skid-plate}). Starting to look less and less of what it looked like just a month ago!:p

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks littleTommy, I appreciate your expertise and will definitely look into this then. I've already noticed more instability on the rough dirt roads back behind our house than I expected.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts