TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm pleased to say after a long two years of research and savein' up the money I picked up an '87 tw200 as my first bike for next to nothing. It was on Craigslist for a whole 3 hours! haha. I had my boyfriends dad take it for a spin and it checked out to be a "safe" first bike with little parts needed. . . I'm super stoked and I'll be taking it on our first ride together tomorrow >:3

'Til next time new family,

Charlana

·
Registered
667 Posts
Welcome, I'm new too.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Congrats. Just don't forget your friends. Yes, it is THAT fun.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The tw was my first real motorcycle that I bought in '11. It is the most confidence inspiring, fun bike to learn on. Welcome to the addiction! You will not find a better forum or group of guys anywhere. Welcome to the club! Post pics when you can.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Welcome aboard

Where you from? May be other TW riders in your area. Alot of meet ups seem to be going on this year.

Tracy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all!! It's great to be apart of a forum where I don't have to reread everything 1092.2 times to make sure I won't get flamed.

You no longer have time or money for anything, but we know how you feel and its OK! Well, with us anyways!

Oh... I know... I'm already getting "upgrade" happy. ha. Carb rebuild is going to happen as soon as bikebandit.com ships me my stuff >
I ordered on sunday and they just shipped my stuff today.

I take it that you are a female? Always awesome to see girls kick ass on a bike! Welcome!

This is actually My boyfriends and I's first bike (oh yeah, I'm a cool girlfriend I got my boyfriend into dual sport'n)

I've always been into the adventure stuff and actually I have an rx7 (my baby :') that I'm setting up for drifting

Congrats! Have fun and ride safe.

Thanks! You'll be glad to hear I bought all my safety gear BEFORE I bought the bike.

For those of you wondering it's (Sh- are- lane- uhh),

Charlana

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thanks all!! It's great to be apart of a forum where I don't have to reread everything 1092.2 times to make sure I won't get flamed.

Oh... I know... I'm already getting "upgrade" happy. ha. Carb rebuild is going to happen as soon as bikebandit.com ships me my stuff >
I ordered on sunday and they just shipped my stuff today.

This is actually My boyfriends and I's first bike (oh yeah, I'm a cool girlfriend I got my boyfriend into dual sport'n)

I've always been into the adventure stuff and actually I have an rx7 (my baby :') that I'm setting up for drifting

Thanks! You'll be glad to hear I bought all my safety gear BEFORE I bought the bike.

For those of you wondering it's (Sh- are- lane- uhh),

Charlana
Nice nam Charlana, made me smile. We are expecting a grandaughter in July. Her brother at 4yrs had a dream that it was going to be a sister and that God told him to call her Princess Ava. So Ava it is.

Enjoy your TW, I just picked up another one for my wife to learn on. She has been putting around the place trying to get onto the clutch. As we both just retired I hope to get out and enjoy the forests of the pnw and the open country of the east side of the state. A lot of national parks I want to see in my bucket list too.

welcome to the forum, great place to visit and trade info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts