TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 TW200 2800 miles
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Forum! I saw a post asking newbies to add info to their profile so did that but let me know if I'm missing anything key to better using this forum. Part of the reason for joining this forum is I have an old VW TDI Jetta commuter with 337K miles on it and still running wonderfully......a big part of that is a TDIclub forum page that I've found extremely useful, especially the first few years. I anticipate this forum to be similarly beneficial as a new TW owner.

At bottom is a bit of an introduction I copied from my profile.

If I put this introduction post in the wrong spot, I apologize. It's Day 2 of looking at the site and still learning the lay of the land.

From my profile, About:
I just purchased my first TW200 on Father's Day, 6/19/22. It is a 2016 with ~2800 miles on it. I rode dirt bikes as a youngster and started on a passed down Honda 50 at 5 years old. Had a mid-80's 2-stroke Kawasaki 80 that I rode for several more years. Had many miles of private logging roads behind my grandparents place as a giant playground on our little bikes. Then didn't have another bike until college when I got a 1993 Honda CB750 Nighthawk that I rode for several years. I haven't ridden a bike for the past ~10 years until getting this TW. Look forward to riding it around our ~2 acres and being able to take quick trips to the store, take camping, and further explore nearby Nat'l Forest roads. I'd also like to use it to teach my wife how to ride and take my daughter out for rides.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome aboard. I am sure you will find the TW to be a very fun little bike. It will be a good bike to teach your wife to ride. Only problem will be finding another TW after she claims yours.
As to the passenger foot peg brackets maybe try Babbitts OEM parts finder. Good luck.

·
Administrator
6,740 Posts
Welcome to the cruise …

Some people put pillion pegs on, some take them off – it’s a constantly moving condition, so first thing to do is to put an ad in the “Classified” section here. We’re a friendly bunch, so you are as likely to find them for free (plus postage) - most of us pay it forward when we can. Watch out for scammers in the classifieds, they will create a profile just to post an email contact, which is usually how we catch them out – if in doubt, shout, and we’ll check it out for you

To search this site, try Site search ..... – this will give you search results from only this site. Try not to “necro” old threads from over a year or so – it gets confusing, so start a new thread if you have any questions, and “reference” the older thread. The world is constantly changing, and if there are huge gaps in time between posts, it all goes a bit pear shaped

Standard rules apply, there is no such thing as a dumb question, so look around, and if you don’t find the answer or wish to add to one, feel free to ask and join in – we don’t bite ….

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome way down there in Peasant Hell. Yeah, this is a place to find lots of stuff! You already know the important things, like don't drink the water when you are out "skinny-Slapping" since beavers do their business in there and you will get....."Beaver Fever"!!! But yeah, TW is not pretentious and will do all you ask of it in its own way. I have bikes with 170HP and I still ride the Tee Dub at least once a week all year round.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Welcome home to the forum, Mr Fever. If you are used to a nice active forum, you'll be mostly disappointed here. Most of your posts asking for help will get only ten or fifteen replies and less than 3/4 of those will be from bonified experts. I'd say you'll get more help from Twitter or Reddit, whatever they are.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hay......SF. Glad to see you finally back. The Wildfires had us really worried about you...but I imagined that you were busy with your's and your's neighbors livestock.

TiredIron
Thank you, Amigo!! Now that the weather is awesome I'm playing outdoors and seldom on da 'puter. I love checking in and catching up with y'all. 🥰😘🥰😘

1 - 19 of 19 Posts