TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st TW ride! (not counting riding home from dealer)

Sorry, but there isn't much story. Wife doesn't have a TW yet (but we're looking) and had to watch the grandkids. I was getting a bit jumpy. 3rd day with new scooter and haven't got to go ride it. She said go for a ride, already! So... I rode up to the trailhead in McKelligon Canyon, in El Paso (we're staying at the Ft Bliss MWR RV park). Here's the evidence...

I WANNA RIDE!!!! :icon_shaking2:

Finally! First ride... :p

See El Paso in the bottom of the "V" on the right side?

OK, that feels much better... :cool:

Oh, this will be SO, *SO* much better when the wife can go too!!!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I felt the same way when I bought mine! I had to make time to clean the carb and give her a once over, took about two weeks!...

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Just passing thru or are you El Paso natives? I used to live on far east end of town near Tony Lama and the sand dunes there were very nice. Arroyo bottoms after a rain make great riding also. You are gonna have a ball on that bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are RV'ing and visiting our youngest daughter and her family. Her husband is stationed at Ft Bliss, so we get to stay in the Ft Bliss RV park. Its like 1/4 mile from their house. We live in Burleson, south of Ft Worth.

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
When I was recovering from a leg injury at Ft. Bliss, I always wanted to drive up in the hills. Never did, but then again I wasn't able to ride or drive.
I can't remember the name of the animal, African Oryx I think, but have you rode out towards White Sands and seen one? Whole bunch of 'em out that way. And looking down the road ahead, I thought I saw a turtle crossing the road, got up close and it turned out to be a tarantula. You being down there brings back some memories. Have fun with the new TW and the one you're gonna get!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts