TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I acquired 2 Tdubs from a secret source for $750 each. The 2006 has 600 miles, the 96 has just over 800. Both in great shape. They run and ride very well. Just starting to decide what I want to do with them. I have some cash to invest in them, so a think I'm going to do the external oil cooler on both.
I'll probably fab them up myself.

Excited to start these projects. I'd love some inspiration.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Where do you live that you feel that you need oil coolers? I have an 06 keep an eye out for lower base gasket weeping oil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where do you live that you feel that you need oil coolers? I have an 06 keep an eye out for lower base gasket weeping oil.
I live in Southern Utah. It was 118 yesterday. I waited until sundown to go riding, and it was a crisp and cool 101 at 9:30pm.

I have the same climate as Phoenix basically, just dryer and prettier. ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum ArchTech!

Since you scored such a great deal on a pair of nice TW's, I think that you should reward yourself and keep them both
Haha, my girlfriend wants to ride one. If she ends up loving it, we may keep both. My original idea was to fab them up as cafe or scramblers then flip them for hopefully a profit. But I absoLUTELY love the 2006. So I may go nuts on that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Score!
What a fantastic deal you got.
I would like to have a second TW to modify.
I like mine stock too much to change it, but if I had another...
wFOm0kP.jpg

Here's the strip down of the 96 Tdub.

I think for now I need to clean it, paint it.. saw some things off, replace what I need and sell what I don't.

I've added these 2 bikes in the middle of another project of mine and I'm trying to prioritize the little dub.

We'll see.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Look at a Yamaha parts price list and you may decide to keep both at those prices. A turn signal is worth $75.00 or so, fuel tank $700 ???

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
OMG! What a FANTASTIC DEAL! I am truly jealous (and shocked)! Both bikes look great. Big congrats on that deal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. Most of the forum is on the photobucket and the images are gone. So the search is pretty useless now. Text is great, but when I'm trying to design a new bike build, I want to see what people have done and how it looks before I commit.

How did this happen? Why are all the images just gone?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah. Most of the forum is on the photobucket and the images are gone. So the search is pretty useless now. Text is great, but when I'm trying to design a new bike build, I want to see what people have done and how it looks before I commit.

How did this happen? Why are all the images just gone?
Google photobucket extortion....

Nice score you got there!
Take care,
Jake

1 - 15 of 15 Posts