TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 years ago today, March 21, 2014, I headed north some 100 miles to Maumee, Ohio {Toledo} and picked up my 2014 TW with exactly 1, as in one, mile on it

tw200 006.JPG
2 years and 5200+ miles on it and I can say, "Who would have Thunk It"? For a Senior Citizen, who had just turned 65 the week before the purchase, who had not ridden a street bike in 25 years, and off road/trail in nearly 40, frankly I wasn't sure if my new found "passion" for riding was real or just a result of getting old and trying to relive the past...two years later I am pretty sure I have the answer.

In those 24 months since I purchased the TW from Honda/Yamaha East, I have hauled it to Moab, Utah, and Big Bend, Texas...ridden from my western Ohio home, through the Upper Great Lakes, via highways, by~ways, and the Lake Michigan Ferry across that vast span of water...and then down through SE Ohio and into the mountains and hills of West Virginia ....not to mention Buckeye Rides of 100 miles each way to Waldo, and other locations...I have few regrets concerning the purchase of the TW over that time....7 states, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Upper and Lower Michigan, Utah, West Virginia, and along the Rio Grande in South Texas...

I have a few more rides on my Bucket List and hopefully those will pan out...however, regardless, the last 2 years has been special, and I owe it all to the little TW, a bike that fits my 5' 10" frame{with boots on} 30 inch inseam, and 190 pounds to a "T", TW that is, the TW and those great folks on this forum who have helped along the way.

Ride On:cool:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Those things are good so far as they go...but some folks are like me, long body with short legs, vice versa, etc....I have been 160 and it's not a good fit for me....I should be around 175-180 and will get down there by summer....Maybe :rolleyes:

By the way, just for sh*ts and giggles: 26.2

·
Registered
7,051 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
no worries littletommy, those online BMI calcs are so wildly inaccurate it's comical. 5'9" and 215 puts me at 31.7, well into the "obese" category. Hmmm would you guys consider me obese?! :p
IMG_3659.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
haha is that really you? I've got 3 inches on you and another hundred lbs. I don't look like that though!!! Wish I did!!

no worries littletommy, those online BMI calcs are so wildly inaccurate it's comical. 5'9" and 215 puts me at 31.7, well into the "obese" category. Hmmm would you guys consider me obese?! :p
View attachment 27988

·
Registered
113 Posts
haha is that really you? I've got 3 inches on you and another hundred lbs. I don't look like that though!!! Wish I did!!
Haha it is! For now I have youth, a fast metabolism and frequent weight training on my side. It'll all catch up to me one day!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Hoot, glad you got into this or otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to meet you last summer! I'm envious of the trips you've done on that thing. I'll have to keep an eye out for some of your trips and maybe meet up with you somewhere. Any Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana/Western Ohio gatherings coming up? Maybe we could do a TW lunch in the very NW of OH or NE IN to celebrate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds good Hoot! Glad your enjoying it. I need to lose some weight so I am riding the TW in my upper 60's

I also heard in the news your Big Brother Hulk is coming into some extra money.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hoot I saw something about Upstate NY in the future. Would love to ride with you sometime. I'm just north of Albany.

·
Registered
816 Posts
where did the BMI calculator even come from? According to it 5'8" and 124lbs this morning puts my 225 6speed in the fast as [email protected]# category!!! or 18.7.

Glad to hear how mush fun youve had on it! I rolled mine home a little over 2 years ago from a neighbors house in non running condition and have now been more places and put 6k on it. Hope the fun never stops although moab broke my frame.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
where did the BMI calculator even come from? According to it 5'8" and 124lbs this morning puts my 225 6speed in the fast as [email protected]# category!!! or 18.7.

Glad to hear how mush fun youve had on it! I rolled mine home a little over 2 years ago from a neighbors house in non running condition and have now been more places and put 6k on it. Hope the fun never stops although moab broke my frame.
Obviously too much horsepower from that 225! Lucky for you I have an adamantium frame on my TW and will gladly take that motor off your hands:rolleyes:

Tom

1 - 20 of 47 Posts