TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Great vid. Crazy man. I hate the cold wet conditions like that, but it looks like you all were having a blast. Thanks for sharing. Great chan btw.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Uuum, beaver carnage is a good term.
Mighty impressive for stock tires and fenders. Figured springtime TW mods the taiga would be ATV tires, high vents and raised front fenders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uuum, beaver carnage is a good term.
Mighty impressive for stock tires and fenders. Figured springtime TW mods the taiga would be ATV tires, high vents and raised front fenders.
Beaver carnage can be a good thing :) The rear tire is stock. The front is not. Pirelli Scorpion. A bit too wide for my liking. The previous owner put that on. It's actually a rear tire.. I think I will have to make a new/extra rear wheel with an ATV tire. I'm not sure which will fit the best though.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
While nothing will turn the TW into a Mini Crawler an ATV tire sure has helped me a lot in snow, sand and mud. I've never tackled endless kilometer of pudding-like mud and flooding like your logging roads though. Looks like DURO POWERGRIP country.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here in sunny southern Oregon, a logging road either goes up into the woods, or down toward the mill.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out Lars' YouTube channel call Survival Russia. Lotsa very cool outdoors stuff there including the "awesome track thing". 😄

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Lots of comercially available small rubber tracked crawly things have come out of the robotic security industry as well as for tight construction sites. Customize to suit. Forum Member GaryL has something similar he uses for ice fishing and sled towing.
Go small:
aaaB1Vuh5osnI8KJjSsziq6z8QpXag.jpg_50x50.jpg

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/AVT-25T-ATV-Tracked-Chassis-Crawler_62099335522.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.6.4e457484iMUCzZ

or up to a few tons capacity:
aabbb042d650bf4e00a3a8e0fdf7e12a2cA.jpg_50x50.jpg

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/mining-crawler-mounted-dumper-1-3_62372184572.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.82.4e457484iMUCzZ

Wheelbarrow size is good:
Plus with the scissor lift you can keep gear above level of water or reach of bears.:cool:
crawlerHTB1EZtrPkvoK1RjSZFD760Y3pXaZ.png

·
Registered
62 Posts
Amazing, The scene at 11:11 is like something out of a Christopher Guest movie. Thanks for capturing all this! Greetings from the United States!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts