TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I went riding with a buddy of mine. On the way home, the bike started slowing down and the rear tire locked up then the bike shut off. The clutch wouldn't disengage after that happened. The clutch cable is still connected and I can see the spring by the case is still there and it turns when I press the lever. I tried the rocking back and forth to free it up but no luck. Never taken a motorcycle clutch apart before so I haven't been able to check it out. Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Do you have oil in there?
And if there is oil in it is it the correct oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches?

GaryL

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't know exactly how the oil system works on our TW's. If the clutch is supplied by the oil pump, this could happen because the plate and disc are disengaged with one set turning because the bike is in first gear and the other set is not because the engine is off. If the clutch is supplied by splash , oil type, or as Tony suggest, a wrong oil filter could come into play. It will be interesting to hear the true cause so it doesn't happen to anybody else.

Joe

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
See if pointer still aligns with the embossed mark on the crankcase.

If it does or is very close I think you are all right.

If it doesn't I bet the locknut came loose and the internal clutch adjustment is now wrong.

Clutch.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts