TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I rode my buddies Kawasaki Super Sherpa today. I hate to say it but I did not want to get back on my TW. This bike has alot of the things we beg Yamaha to build into the TW. A smooth powerful 250cc with a perfectly geared 6 spd tranny, stainless exhaust, disc brakes front and rear, slightly bigger tank, massive aluminum hubs, amazing suspension with adjustable preload and compression on the rear shock, factory O-ring chain, oh and get this...... it even has a clock! 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa | motorcycle review @ Top Speed Seriously a very nice bike. Then I noticed his tires and started to laugh...... "OMG! look how skinny your tires are"

·
Registered
976 Posts
There was a Super Sherpa at my local shop last week, not for sale but just in for maintenance. This one looked absolutely showroom fresh, the service manager told me that it belonged to a cargo pilot who has been hauling it around the world in his plane for years now, using it to explore around his various airports-of-call. All I can say is that if that guy ever writes a book, I'm reading it!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
what up mike?? is sherpadude a fat tire convert??
i know my dad really likes his sherpa, but i prefer the feel of my T-dub.

>>>>> edited >>>>>
ha! the link is dead! oops! i got burned by not checking the dates... this post is nearly a year old.

·
Registered
807 Posts
The sherpa was a top contender when I was researching bikes. Problem is................you cant find them :) If they were as numerous as the TW there might of been 2 of them in my garage now instead of 2 TWs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sherpa was a contender when I was looking for a bike as well. Not as many out there for sure. This forum helped to sell me on the TW. I did get to ride a Sherpa at my basic rider course when I was training for my endorsement. That is a great bike. if it had fat tires I would be riding it around instead of the Freedom Machine. Also rode a TW with street tires. WoW. Lots of fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts