TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good bike? Lousy bike? Heavy? Any experience appreciated. One local with 6500 miles pretty much stock for asking price of $2400.00 TIA, Tom

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
This one is only about 50 miles from me. I don't really need it, but would maybe sell one of my TW's and buy it. It seems like it would be more of a trials bike than my TW is.

Registered
This one is only about 50 miles from me. I don't really need it, but would maybe sell one of my TW's and buy it. It seems like it would be more of a trials bike than my TW is.
T-Dub Ken didn't like his.
I think it was him?

Registered
I can't remember exactly who it was, maybe TW-BC. Whoever it is had problems with his Sherpa and didn't like it. He mentioned it here on the forum so I'm guessing it's posted in the "other bikes" thread.

Registered
I can't remember exactly who it was, maybe TW-BC. Whoever it is had problems with his Sherpa and didn't like it. He mentioned it here on the forum so I'm guessing it's posted in the "other bikes" thread.
Yeah he said the carb was hard to get out and it took a long time to warm up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
High end components means expensive oem parts? Or expensive aftermarket items? I haven't seen the bike, but asked him about highway speed. He said he had pushed it to 70mph, but it was uncomfortable. Comfortable top speed is 55. No better than our TW's.

Registered
My buddy rides a Sherpa. Its an awesome bike. 520 O-ring chain, disc brakes front and rear, adjustable rear shock, full stainless exhaust, folding brake and shifters, etc, a nice wide 6 speed and a very quiet zippy little engine. Never even feels like its working on the highway. Go for it!

Registered
^^^^Thanks Peter. That's what I mean't by high end components. The Super Sherpa was a really well thought out little bike. I'd love to have one, problem is the only one for sale around here must have come with that gold plated engine option based on what the owner wants for it.

Registered
I owned one before the TW... still consider it a mistake to have sold it. It is a very solid bike with great support and following. If I found another low mileage one I would definitely buy it. They need similar carb re-jetting to the TW as they are set up lean.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, another one just came on craigslist for 1900 bucks. This one has 9,000 some odd miles and a large rear bag attached. Both look like nice bikes. I'm also looking at an '07 DRZ400 with low mileage for $2700 asking price. I just missed a $1500 '95 DR350 last week. Like I need another bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts