TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my damaged tank ,pushed in on the left side ,small dents towards the front ,great rider quality tank ,fully usable as is ,no internal rust ,cap included but no petcock .Shipping from Sudbury ontario canada at cost image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
If the cap key comes with it I am your buyer.

PM the shipping to NY zip 12777

GaryL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cap doesn't have a key ,the previous owner must of deleted the lock as there is no sign of it at all .Sorry .

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Does the key from the bikes ignition turn the tumblers in the cap lock? It is simple to remove the lock pawl in the cap but it had to be unlocked and off the tank to do it. Could be the tank is not the original from the bike it was on.

give me an idea on shipping. If it stays under $45 total then I want it.

GaryL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no tumblers ,there is a hole in the black trim where the lock was ,and there is just flat aluminum where the lock used to be .I bought a used tank and this is the cap it came with ,the original cap from this tank was sold with the bike it came from .Earlier this week I got a shipping quote to Reno and it was about $50.00 ,so it's probably not going to work for you .I will check tomorrow .

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Thanks Bruce, shipping over the border is usually a deal killer! Yes, there is 2 ways to defeat the cap lock, have it off the tank and remove the lock pawl or to drill out the tumblers and screw the cap up all together.

Thanks.

GaryL

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a better pick of the cap image.jpg . Looking at it ,I think he undid the screws on the bottom and turned the bottom 180 degrees .

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy was building a stripped down bobber and was not using the stock tank or plastics ,I guess he didn't want somebody running around with a key to his bike or something .

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
PM sent.

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts