TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - 2003 TW200 - NEW!! 2012 TW200 in Philadelphia - picture heavy!!!!!

So I picked up this T Dub for less than 2K and after going through it and cleaning it up, I have been riding the hell out of it. It is so much fun to ride around town and in the woods. The bike came with a lot of extras that I would have done immediately to get the bike more ridable. This is my second T Dub. SOLD the 2003 and two weeks later I picked up a 2012!!!

SOLD the 2003!!!
I intend to keep this thread picture heavy.
Why? Because everyone likes pictures!!!!!!

Details:
2003 Yamaha TW200
about 6500 miles
- Wider footpegs
- Rear Rack
- Kick Starter - this is a huge bonus!!!
- Small Front Windscreen
- Handguards

I added:
- Rotopax rear tank and mount
- Smaller Led blinkers in the rear
- Ram mount side view mirror
- Ram phone mount

I am going to:
- Redo the taillight with a smaller one
- Raise the front fender after I make a bracket for a Supermoto fender

On the way home - TW on my Versahauler on the back of my 4Runner
IMG_20171004_155710723_HDR_1507211062937.jpg

My wife loves the low seat height
2017112616423685-IMG_9437-XL-1.jpg

Sno Dawg

My everyday woods bike is a very tall, very fast BMW HP2 and the T Dub is a nice lightweight, low seat height change.
IMG_7388mmmmmm 2-X3-X2 10.27.00 AM.jpg

**** CLICK ON THE PICTURES FOR A FULL SCREEN VIEW WITH MORE DETAIL! ****

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sno Dawg, we spoke on the phone last year. You gave me some great information on my pursuit of an HP-2. I ended up with a new KTM 690 instead but I appreciated that you took the time to educate me on that bike. I will own one some day. I rode the PB 500 and the Turkey Run, we need to meet up in the Pine Barrens one of these days. I usually take the 450 or the 690 but I still like to take the TW down there, it's like cheating in the sand.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sno Dawg, we spoke on the phone last year. You gave me some great information on my pursuit of an HP-2. I ended up with a new KTM 690 instead but I appreciated that you took the time to educate me on that bike. I will own one some day. I rode the PB 500 and the Turkey Run, we need to meet up in the Pine Barrens one of these days. I usually take the 450 or the 690 but I still like to take the TW down there, it's like cheating in the sand.
Yes, I totally remember our conversation about the HP2. They are getting harder and harder to find and I am happy to have two of them - one for gravel roads and one for harder, tighter woods riding.

That 690 is s fantastic bike. My buddy Rudy has one and he rode it in the PB500 as well. How do you like the 690 and how do you have it set up? pictures?? I feel that the 650/690 class is perfect for those off road rallies that you mentioned. You can ride all day and have a lot of fun without getting worked over. I heard the PB Turkey Run was great but there were some deep sand whoops that were tough on big bikes. I am glad I was not in there with the HP2 because it just gets exhausting and I have to be hard on the throttle all of the time.

I also have an XChallenge that I have done a ton of rallies on but it has been sitting this year since I built the HP2E pictured above. That one is so light and fast, I have been doing all of my woods riding on it. It is mostly sorted out now, but was a mess when I bought it - spray painted, broken stuff, no wiring in the tail end. The guy I got it from had it in Korea and used it as a motocross bike. He flipped it and broke the whole front end off. It took a lot of work, but I am pleased with how it came out. I still need to sort out the suspension, and front brake.

I hope we can ride out in the Pine Barrens sometime. I usually go out alone from Atsion for an hour or two on random weekends and do not ride hard when I am alone.

Keep in touch.

The care,
Jeff - Sno Dawg

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
That HP-2 is incredible looking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That HP-2 is incredible looking.

Thanks Stagewex and littletommy - it is blast to ride and hard to keep the front tire on the ground on and off road.

Here are some pics of it from recent rides and rallyes that I have done on it. I really tried to make it a Mad Max/Rat Rod bike and that really starts with the rusty riveted exhaust. I hand to wet sand the plastics about 6 times and just did a rattle can paint job on them. The rest of the bike is stripped down stock with a lot of wear marks from brushing against bushes and trees and - yes of course - falling.

The guy I bought it from gave me two sets of rims and the ones on it now are Superlight Woodies rims with machined aluminum hubs and heavy duty spokes. They cost more that my TW did when he purchased them. - yike$$

FullSizeRender 36-XL.jpg
FullSizeRender 31-XL.jpg
FullSizeRender-XL.jpg
2017082018281931-FullSizeRender-XL.jpg
IMG_9258-X2.jpg
2017041216312260-FullSizeRender-XL.jpg

My other HP2 that I use for gravel roads - It is in really good condition and I try not to drop it too much - ha ha
2017060414393543-FullSizeRender-X2.jpg

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Or the big girl....

You can pick a bike size and we can meet up for a ride. Sorry that I don't know how to put the pics in the same post, I am working on that. I also need to get rid of photo bucket it drives me crazy but I don't know any other way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I used to have an 03 R1150GSA that looked exactly like that one and it had 98,000 miles on it. I just sold it about two months ago. I was not doing any long trips on it and it was a lot of bike to ride around the city in stop and go traffic. I will try to find some pics and attach them below.

As for picture hosting websites, I use Smugmug. It is $60 for the year and I have about 29,000 photos on my site all organized in galleries. It is so easy and quick to upload photos and use plus I don't have to store pics on my laptop and use up memory space. There are no ads popping up and I can easily access it from my phone and upload pics from my phone. - wow - I sound like a salesperson.

The R1150GSA that I just sold. I really liked this bike and I had it set up very nicely. It was not getting used.

FullSizeRender 27-XL.jpg

My other HP2 which is getting used only for gravel roads.

2017061323060351-FullSizeRender-X2.jpg

And my XChallenge - I think I am going to sell this soon.

IMG_2881-XL.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Ebbanflow
Your 450 is a great looking bike and I bet it is a blast in the Pine Barrens. I wish I wasn't trying to downsize or I would make you and offer.
What is is worth?

Sno Dawg

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would like to get $2,500. I did a lot to it, Tusk wheels with orange anodized hubs, MXC tank for extra fuel with the seat concepts seat on the MXC seat pan. All new plastics and I am putting new MT21's on it this weekend. It has been rock solid reliable, I took it out to Moab for a few days but most of its miles are in the Pine Barrens. It has never given me any problems except for a front caliper that went bad and started to lock up. I tried bleeding fluid out but the problem came back so I had to remove the brake pads to get out of the woods and back to the truck. The front caliper is new now but that is the only mechanical issue that I have ever had with the bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Ebbanflow
I sent you a PM about your KTM.

Sno Dawg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My wife and I took the TW200 out last weekend to a town called Oley and there was a vintage bike show (I did not qualify for it on my 2003 T Dub - ha ha) and a slow race. I did the slow race and ended up taking 7th out of 32 riders. My wife had a blast on the T Dub and now she want one.

2017112616423685-IMG_9437-XL.jpg

Sno Dawg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yesterday I had the T Dub out in coal country Pennsylvania for the Dirty Santa ride at Reading Anthracite riding area. The place is like a moonscape with black coal everywhere, really hard steep trails with baby-head rocks and tight single track with lots of rocks, twists, turns, whoops and water holes. Last year I couldn't make it because of another commitment and there are about 100 riders riding in 18 degree temps. This year it was in the 40's and there were over 700 riders. It was like the old west - chaotic and lawless, and a ton of fun. The organizers raised over $2000 for local kids and part of the registration was that you had to bring a toy. There were over 1500 toys donated for local kids.

I saw three other guys on T Dubs and other riders on trikes, quads, 4 wheel drive cars, truck and anything else that could handle it. There were bikes disguised as reindeer and riders dressed up as Santa, elves, and anything else Christmas themed. I rode some really hard steep rocky trails and the T Dub did an awesome job. Some of the stuff was so rocky and loose I could not believe it that I could make it up to the top. I had not been on so many steep loose rocky trails in a while and the T Dub carried me through. I only rode about 25 miles in a couple of hours and I was exhausted and the bike was covered in coal muck.

There were a lot of guys on 2 strokes who were really incredible riders and the guys in these amazing 4 wheel buggies that had tons of suspension travel. I followed one group of them up this steep hill and they were getting stuck and pulling each other out. I ended up passing them because being behind them was like getting rocks thrown at me for about 25 minutes. I was really wishing I had Ebbanfloods KTM 450, but the little Dub did an amazing job.

I have been riding the hell out of this bike and having so much fun!

IMG_9475-XL.jpg

IMG_9471-X2.jpg

IMG_9470-XL.jpg

IMG_9456-XL.jpg

IMG_9462-XL.jpg

IMG_9468-X2.jpg

1 - 20 of 39 Posts