After riding it, change the front tire.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
299 Posts
After riding it, change the front tire.
Enjoy!
Then ride it some more!

If the bike fits you as is, then double check engine oil level (just to be sure the PO did it right), check cable slop on all cables and adjust as needed, check chain tension (you usually can feel a clunkiness when getting on and off the throttle if it's loose), and don't forget to put gas in it.

Wide foot pegs is probably the second update that provides the most improvement on control; especially if you stand up a lot.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It's waaaay too clean. Get it dirty. Of course only do that after you unload it from the back of the truck. LOL

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did the rest of you NOT look at the picture he posted? :eek:

What to do first? That is the question. Geez....as the forum idiot, am I the only one that knows the correct answer ?

First thing to do.......UNLOAD it off the back of the truck !

You WIN! Unloading is the first thing I did, followed by fueling, then riding! Great fun zipping up and down the dirt alleys in the neighborhood. Prepping now to take to the other place in Northern New Mexico with fantastic fire roads and single track. Have a little high idle, actually just slow returning to idle after acceleration, going on so I will find the culprit but will load up and head northwest soon.

Sometimes, it is like pulling teeth :p

And...VintageGW, PLEASE tell me more about your Vintage GW's. I am quite interested. Have owned many of them, and I know a '75 from a '76 (LTD) from a mile away.
Thanks, and I will send some pics your way on the Vintage Goldwings.

·
Registered
20,491 Posts
How come it takes a somebody with a PHD to figure out we need to unload before riding? We do get carried away with our enthusiasm at times.;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After talking with TWilight on the phone yesterday, I understand why he is enthusiastic about these simple things Fred. His attitude is perfect for his age and assorted maladies. And on to the more mundane, I find myself in Amarillo in the rain, about halfway to the Sangre de Cristo mountains full of fire roads and single track up to slightly over 11,000 feet. It is there that I look to relive some joyous times on previous T-dubs for the next ten days. And yes, T-dub is back on the back of the truck.....soon to get muddy and well used.
IMG_2636.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts