TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

A reluctant offering, and I won't be disappointed if it doesn't sell.

The wife frowns upon my getting any more bikes until I sell one.

And I have only put about 500 miles on the TW the last two seasons.

2005 TW 200 with 9,600+ miles, located in western North Carolina.

$2,000 US dollars.

Will consider assisting in delivery in w. NC, N GA, or E TN with 10% down payment via PayPal.

The buyer can have the choice between the 203/204 wheels and tires OR the stock wheels and tires.

For another $500., the buyer will have the option to purchase a grab bag of TW parts:

extra set of wheels and tires with sprocket and brake disc
kick start kit
spare carb
Barnett clutch friction plates and springs
all stock parts that have been removed, including gas tank
plus a box load of spare parts gathered over the years.

Don't ask: Will not sell any of the parts unless the bike sells.

Contact by pm.

jb

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Damn JB, I'm with TW Brian..... I wish the best for you, but hate to see you get out of the TW game.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
I feel sad, yet if it sells I know it will go to someone and the TW will still be ridden. Someone is going to get a good deal.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly, for me, the TW and the treasure trove of parts has sold.

Will still stay on the Forum.

And I hope to ride with the Turtlepalooza crew once again, although I couldn't keep up with them even when I was riding my DR 650...:(

jb

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Just wanted to thanks JB for this incredible deal and for all his patience in fulfilling the deal ie storing the TW until I could get to North Carolina! He is a great person to deal with (like 99.9% of our forum members) Talk about a great place to live and ride TW's JB's "cabin" (palace) is right in the middle of some of the greatest MC riding areas in the USA
SAM_6346.JPG SAM_6351.JPG

I normally would not drive 2100 miles to get a bike but there was a pristine 1986 TLR200 Reflex with 18 actual miles (a one of a kind once in a lifetime bike) located in Georgia about 100 miles from NC and making a deal on both made the road trip justifiable to me

JB had mentioned some extras like tires and wheels and a kick starter kit but when he said he had more stuff he hadn't listed he wasn't kidding I'm glad I brought the bigger truck instead of my Prius because I don't think the stuff would have fit in the car

He mentioned he was the "carb guy" and that's when I remembered all JBFLA's color photographs of the inner workings of TW carbs that I've used many times learning TW carb service and repair

Thanks again to JBFLA for going above and beyond in every respect on this deal and I look forward to making those 2 rides/routes you mentioned there in NC !!!

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was robbed!

This guy in a giant truck stopped by and took my TW and my stash of parts when I wasn't lookin'.....

:blob9:

Be on the lookout!

He's tricky.....very friendly, and talks a lot....but when your back is turned, he's driving off with your stuff.

I think you might find him at Moab in the near future.

:p:p:p

jb

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Please stick around JB. We love you here bro. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dang! In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, "I missed it by that much." I would like to hear about NC trail recommendations and any NC (or Southeast) rider clubs/groups though. I have family in W. NC and I live near Charlotte

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang! In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, "I missed it by that much." I would like to hear about NC trail recommendations and any NC (or Southeast) rider clubs/groups though. I have family in W. NC and I live near Charlotte
N. GA, W. NC, and E. TN is a rider's heaven if you like lots of twisty roads and changes in elevation.

Plus there are miles and miles of Forest Service roads if you like riding off the pavement.

There is section of Advrider for the southeast, and there is the East TN Riders:

Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge | Adventure Rider

Welcome to Easttnriders.com

jb

·
Registered
3,149 Posts

Yes as Max would say that was the second best TW deal I saw this week lol

Welcome to the forum :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts