TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I would never use a reserve or high starting price I'd start at a penny and get bids rolling in this is very important to bidding psychology

based on 42 years making my living with auctions and full time ebay seller since 1995

btw ebay is not a good forum to sell a used TW and expect a decent price

I'd stick to CL locally and donate the cash from you selling the TW

PS this forum is great to sell parts but not a great venue to sell a complete TW unless it's a parts bike. We have a very thrifty nature here and we're well informed on the market so we want to in the bottom ranges

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I hope I will get to listing this on eBay (for charity) this week or next, I've been waiting on one charity to sign up before I entered a listing. I'll give it a wash but decided to not bother with putting the stock tank back in place of the Clarke tank and will leave the rack on although the LEDs and the tool tube will be removed.
I don't expect anyone on this site to bid since I haven't had any responses to this add but I am looking for input on listing price, does $1,800 as a start with no reserve sound reasonable?
That mileage will put that bike in the $1800 final price range in my opinion. Again though market dictates and I know nothing of your market.

Tom

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
If it has a Clarke tank on it take it off and put the stock tank back on it

I've sold one or two TW's in my time but I can't give away a TW with a Clarke tank they are ugly and break up the classic lines of the TW

racks etc and all other accessories you can leave on but not a Clarke tank

I have bought several mint late model TW's for at least $500 below what they were worth because they had Clarke tanks on them

Clarke Tank = No TW Sale

Not a knock on the serviceability of the Clarke tank they are just sale stoppers lol

Clarkes are easy to sell here on the forum

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you keep the Clark tank on it would you consider selling the stock tank? I'm looking for one :) Also need a speedo, rear brake switch, and a couple other items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts