TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a craigslist ad w/ photos.

'05 Yamaha TW200 for sale. $1800 New tires front and rear. 10921 miles. I'll throw in a jack stand built specifically for the TW200.

I also have a really nice Shoei Hornet DS helmet, size XL, cost over $400!, $50

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2839400253

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops, sorry, southeast new york state, southeast ulster county.

oops, sorry, i had a typo in teh subject line.

·
Registered
555 Posts
An excellent price!

I would buy it in a moment if I could get it here in an affordable way.

Shipping a bike from there to here in Anchorage Alaska cost over $2,000 when I checked last summer.

The price we pay to live in paradise...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, that's my ad.

hey guys, don't feel too bad, it seeps oil out the bottom of the cylinder head. it kills me to admit this. i wanted to tell any potential interested buyers that bit of information privately over the phone. it kills me it's seeping oil (i don't want to say "leaking" because it's not really a leak, just a wet spot). so, don't feel too bad. needs work. i'm afraid with the oil seep i won't get even $1800. prolly not even close. forgive me for not being forthright up front. just, it kills me it's seeping oil, hard to spit that out the first go 'round.

·
Registered
54 Posts
any chance you are driving to Florida ?

East Coast around West palm ?

I have a bike in Tenn I need to get picked up, and delivered to Florida. I would pay for delivery of both bikes !

em

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe '05s were one of the years that had had a faulty base gasket which means most of them end up leaking a little. It's not the end of world; my CB919 has a leak somewhere near the top but I just leave it be, after 5000 miles it only lost about 1/10th of a quart. Still, you should get it fixed to have any shot at getting near $1800, especially with 10k miles on the bike.

There is a guide on the "Technical help" Forum which explains step by step with pictures how to replace the gasket, it's a little over my head dealing with the timing chain but if you are comfortable dealing with that the rest of it looks easy. Shouldn't cost you more than 10-20$ worth of gaskets and a few hours of your time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks so much for the tip!!

I believe '05s were one of the years that had had a faulty base gasket which means most of them end up leaking a little. It's not the end of world; my CB919 has a leak somewhere near the top but I just leave it be, after 5000 miles it only lost about 1/10th of a quart. Still, you should get it fixed to have any shot at getting near $1800, especially with 10k miles on the bike.

There is a guide on the "Technical help" Forum which explains step by step with pictures how to replace the gasket, it's a little over my head dealing with the timing chain but if you are comfortable dealing with that the rest of it looks easy. Shouldn't cost you more than 10-20$ worth of gaskets and a few hours of your time.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks jaglite.

good riding to you.

An excellent price!

I would buy it in a moment if I could get it here in an affordable way.

Shipping a bike from there to here in Anchorage Alaska cost over $2,000 when I checked last summer.

The price we pay to live in paradise...

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
I'll agree with JagLite, sounds like a decent price.

Probably a product of location, and intended use, but I found 2 TW200's (92 unk mileage & 94 2,500) on the local craigslist for the same price your asking (92 $1,800 - 94 $1,750). I suspect your TW out here would fetch a higher price, base gasket leak and all.

Can get confusing on what to sell them or buy them for. Also listed is a 2000 for $1,300, but no miles mentioned.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Probably a product of location, and intended use, but I found 2 TW200's (92 unk mileage & 94 2,500) on the local craigslist for the same price your asking (92 $1,800 - 94 $1,750). I suspect your TW out here would fetch a higher price, base gasket leak and all.

Can get confusing on what to sell them or buy them for. Also listed is a 2000 for $1,300, but no miles mentioned.

FWIW...I just bought two used bikes

90 w/4k miles...good mech and overall cond...$1,100

92 w/5k miles.... same ...$1,200

Just missed a 2006 with 650 miles...listed for $2,350 for almost a month...sold for $2,100.

I'm in socal

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks vert much for the tip and info. makes me feel a little more confident, i mean, so i won't accept the two offers i got for "$1200" and "$1300 cash".

·
Registered
158 Posts
flybill - I guess you didnt want to sell that helmet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts