TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the best things about owning a TW for me is not being too concerned about screwing things up when it comes to modifying. It's cheap enough to do just about anything with. Here's my 2006 I did a bit of work to back in 2012. I'm happy with the way it came out for the most part. I chopped the back of the frame off and welded on a short "grab" handle as I call it made from 5/8" pipe. At least I think it was 5/8". I left a little room behind the seat to put a small tool bag. Installed a solo seat and rear fender with some fender struts I bent up out of 1/2" pipe. Put on a pod filter and small battery. Installed a kick starter as well as a 15t front sprocket and new o-ring chain. I was short on time as I was about to move to Chicago, so I cut some corners. The battery box is just a kids pencil box that happened to fit very well under the seat. The tail light is OEM, I just made up a housing out of some sheet metal and bolted everything on. The round headlight was the first thing I changed when I bought it back in 2008. There is still a lot to be done. I would like a new gas tank or at least get a new paint job. I would like to move the seat back a couple inches as it is a little cramped, even at my 5'7". Some grinding that still needs to be done and just some things that need to be cleaned up. Eventually the frame will get blasted and painted black along with the rims. I would also like to put a low slung exhaust so I can get some saddle bags. Suggestions? When will I do this? Who knows. I'm never in a big rush. That's why I own a TW!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
cool how everyone make 'em there own.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Awesome, might as well dump the passenger pegs now.
yea the pegs without a passenger seat are kind of useless unless you hang your helmet there or something...but the brackets may serve as crash protection or an extra tie down location

1 - 9 of 9 Posts