TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i just bought a 2006 tw with 950 kms, bike is in very good condition,after 1 day riding i am very impressed with this bike. my first bike was a 1976 honda xl 175 and then i rode quads and utvs. i have allways done my own maintence on my vehicles and have question or two, i have not worked on this type off carb and it is leaking gas out the bowl drain hose when sitting not running, float sticking? Bike runs perfect and preveous owner had all services done at dealer. changed oil today and noticed only a screen for oil filter, is their a better filter avalible? who sells jimbo winshield ? normal valve adjustment mileage? does anyone use canadian tire atv/motorcycle oil? how many grease fittings/ i only found two? can a kick start be added to bike? thanks for all replies

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
HI i just bought a 2006 tw with 950 kms, bike is in very good condition,after 1 day riding i am very impressed with this bike. my first bike was a 1976 honda xl 175 and then i rode quads and utvs. i have allways done my own maintence on my vehicles and have question or two, i have not worked on this type off carb and it is leaking gas out the bowl drain hose when sitting not running, float sticking? Bike runs perfect and preveous owner had all services done at dealer. changed oil today and noticed only a screen for oil filter, is their a better filter avalible? who sells jimbo winshield ? normal valve adjustment mileage? does anyone use canadian tire atv/motorcycle oil? how many grease fittings/ i only found two? can a kick start be added to bike? thanks for all replies

TAKE A BREATH!!!

1) It does sound like a sticking float valve. Or a bad valve tip. (it's rubber, it dries out & cracks)

2) Different filter is available. Better? That's a personal opinion. (four holes good, no holes bad, engine can die with wrong filter)

3) Jimbo sells the Jimbo windshields. There is a "sticky" thread in the Classifieds forum.

4) There are links to PDF versions of the Service Manuals in Technical Help forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jimbo windshield Sticky not working for me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3) Jimbo sells the Jimbo windshields. There is a "sticky" thread in the Classifieds forum.

4) There are links to PDF versions of the Service Manuals in Technical Help forum.

[/quote]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sorry about all the questions, new to computers and now found the search feature[very handy] .

as to my carb issue everything seems okay except the valve needs a lot of pressure to seal completely. still leaks when not running, I will try a new valve. Thanks for replies, Great site and information, wish this was around when i was younger. 2nd day riding and alost as good as i was 3o years ago

1 - 4 of 4 Posts