TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2006 seem to very bad when it is cold but my 1992 seems to have no bog at all and accelerates quickly even when cold.The 2006 seems to get a lot better when I drive it for at least 10 minutes at half choke but still bogs down a lot when trying to speed up. I been driving everyday from +5 to +10 Celsius which is pretty cool. I don't know if I should take the whole carb out and clean it or is there a quick fix by dropping the float bowl.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Add a can of seafoam over two tanks of fuel and see if that helps first.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The first two responses are good advice...then you're probably headed for a carburetor rebuild if still having problems. These bikes are easy to work on, plus there's lots of help available from the good folks on this forum if you need it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had my 91 Tw acting just like yours when it was cold, It turned out to be the Pilot Jet was party clogged. It took me 3 times dissembling the Carburetor and cleaning it before I finally decided that what looked like a spider web when I looked thru the Jet was not susposd to be there. I pushed thru it with a small wire and the bike was just like new again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts