TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
price drop from $195 to $160 plus actual postage from Phoenix AZ

I found what I thought was a pristine NOS XT225 tank I've been hoping to find for a future TW conversion (I'm a steel or aluminum tank fan can't do the plastic on my TWs) so I drove way to far to buy this only to find the owner failed to mention a crease type of dent on the left side. To his defense it is hard to see and only the motorcycle savvy would even notice it but it kind of follows the lines for aprx 8" and didn't hurt the paint except for a tiny 1/2" chip near the bottom tank seam
Cobalt blue Blue Helmet Electric blue Personal protective equipment

The Good = it is in fact a new, never used NOS 2006 California model (special threaded vent on the underside that can be plugged for 49 state use gas caps) XT225 fuel tank
Helmet Personal protective equipment Motorcycle helmet Electric blue Auto part

The Bad = Shallow crease on the left side
Blue Cobalt blue Light Electric blue Automotive lighting

The Ugly = There really isn't an ugly except for my fuel bill going to fetch this home lol

$195 plus actual postage costs anywhere in the USA

Never had fuel in it so it doesn't stink and is no problem to mail
Blue Helmet Personal protective equipment Electric blue Yellow
Blue Light Electric blue Violet Purple

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
that's a great looking tank, and they work really well. GLWS

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do you have the "wings" for this guy as well?

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump for XT225 OEM new tank with dent still for sale or trade for stock 2014 or 2016 - 17 blue tank

·
Registered
22,381 Posts
That is a very good looking tank. Easy installation to get more fuel capacity and the metal tank has it’s advantages over plastic. Plus your stock TW locking cap will fit. I sure like mine.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Fred and yes I agree i'm a big fan of the steel tanks ss opposed to the Clark's the steel looks better to say the least !

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
the swap is a snap, the tank holds 1/2 gal more. see my signature for the tank swap thread. i love mine too.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
XT225 NIB NOS tank still for sale - in Phoenix

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
price drop from $195 to $160 plus actual postage from Phoenix AZ

I found what I thought was a pristine NOS XT225tank I've been hoping to find for a future TW conversion (I'm a steel or aluminum tank fan can't do the plastic on my TWs) so I drove way to far to buy this only to find the owner failed to mention a crease type of dent on the left side. To his defense it is hard to see and only the motorcycle savvy would even notice it but it kind of follows the lines for aprx 8" and didn't hurt the paint except for a tiny 1/2" chip near the bottomtank seam

The Good = it is in fact a new, never used NOS 2006 California model (special threaded vent on the underside that can be plugged for 49 state use gas caps) XT225 fuel tank

The Bad = Shallow crease on the left side

The Ugly = There really isn't an ugly except for my fuel bill going to fetch this home lol

$160 plus actual postage costs anywhere in the USA

Never had fuel in it so it doesn't stink and is no problem to mail

1 - 17 of 17 Posts