TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Hi guys! I’ve gotten the engine flushed out, gas tank is being cleaned with apple cider vinegar, and I’ve soaked the chain in diesel. Carb rebuild is next on the agenda. I found quite a bit of oil in the air box, but after reading some posts on the forum, I’m not too concerned about it at this point. I stuck a camera down the spark plug hole and I’m a little confused about what appears to be horizontal scoring on the cylinder wall. Does this look normal?
Water Automotive tire Asphalt Liquid Road surface
Water Liquid Road surface Asphalt Sky
Wood Water Pattern Electric blue Circle

Factory cross-hatch. You want to see that.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Guys! It runs! I cleaned the carb, not as dirty as I thought, probably due to the low miles. It fired right up. I let it warm up and rode it around the yard, then I drained the oil. It still had sand in the filter so I'm going to change it a few more times. Should I be using a regular filter or keep using the stock screen one?

Congratulations! Keep on flushing. Oil is cheap. Wear is not. Do as many changes as you feel, until the grit is gone. Keep at it.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.