TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I had the dough to upgrade from my '93 TW to this 2008 bike, which we just took in trade at Meridian Ford (just out of Boise) where I work part-time. They've not priced this yet, but I'm guessing it will be in the $2,200 range. Drop me a line if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with the right folks.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder if I should try and sell my '93...? I might be able to afford the --difference-- if I could get a good price for the 'old girl."

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have about $1,500 in my '93. I'm thinking I could probably get that back. It has about 11K on it, but runs great. I would miss the kick starter though...

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have about $1,500 in my '93. I'm thinking I could probably get that back. It has about 11K on it, but runs great. I would miss the kick starter though...

I'd say $1500 is reasonable. And if you've got a bit of an inside line on the new one, maybe you get a buck or two knocked off of the $2200. My TW doesn't have a backup kickstarter, but my 2010 KTM did. I decided to remove it and never look back.

·
Super Moderator
14,502 Posts
Boise C-list has 2 listed right now (for comparison sake).

2007 600 miles $3,000 (Mountain Home).

2003 less than 2,000 miles $2,500.

And when I rode your 93, it ran really sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
True,

I am going to be in the market for a TW here in a couple of months, I am deployed to Afghanistan at the moment or i would swing by and take a look at that TW. The mileage most likely is alot of highway or road miles??? Any maintenance history on it? Also if it is gone or if you decide to buy it shoot me a PM with what you might be looking to get out of your 93. I live in Mountain Home so coming by to look at either once im back wont be an issue. If both bikes end up gone keep me in mind if you stumble across another TW. Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Snowshovel...

I'm not guessing it will be here too long once it's advertised on our website (which should be any day now). If I had the dough I'd buy it myself, either to ride or to resell. I'm trying to get creative as to a way to do that, but it's possible it'll be gone before that happens. Too bad you're "out of the area" at the moment. Stay safe and best wishes.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another photo of the bike. It has already been posted to the Meridian Ford dealer website, but the rest of the photos probably won't appear until tomorrow (Wednesday). I had a chance to ride it across the parking lot and and it seems to run well. I believe the dealer will list it for $2,995, but I know there is some "wiggle room" in that price. TW's go faster as hunting season in Idaho approaches as they are very popular with the backcountry crowd.

Here's the post on the dealer's website

..and here's another photo --

·
Registered
7 Posts
Put 91 tw I just bought in truck to Eagle Id, just next to Boise.Friend in Eagle has xt225. Bought used Quad racks at Boise Vintage Cycles for $20.00 ea. Thanks guys.There was a really nice tw down the street for sale 2 weeks ago,low mileage with cycleracks front and rear around $2500. We thought it was a great deal. Tel # 208 375 1888.Put racks on bikes, super easy with a couple of metal clamps lined with rubber #.99 ea and zip ties. You could pick bike up with rack and shake it, no problems! I put a bracket on mine also to mount an old trail 90 gas tank, worked perfect. We then went to Yellowstone, both loops, and then south through Tetons. What a blast,camping for a week.

Rode over 1500 miles and saw many Bison, Many Elk ,bald eagles, one bear and everything else Yellowstone has to offer. Went on dirt roads about 400 miles, stopped at many hot springs and all creeks and water falls. My tw got between 72 and 87 mpg depending on how much weight I had on. My extra weight was 110Lbs plus my fat ass of 230!

Rode xt225 to eagle last year then went into dirt, 2500 miles total. The xt has way more travel, a little faster and stops a little better but I like the tw better. Better at deep gravel or sand, better gas mileage,(not much),funner to go through streams and just looks way better. Bikes both ran great, no problems at all. Got home,Dana Point ca. and yesterday rode to a town calld Julian, put on 300 milse. Have had almost 90 bikes,over 20 bmws,many g/s including 2 p/d and 1150 g/s with adventure tank and stuff. Have 650 burgman now,also great bike,

but LOVE the tw. put a 44 in back for Cal freeways, cruise about 57.

Heirhead

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer dropped the price $300 on this yesterday, now it's at $2,695.00 I'd bet you could still negotiate a better deal than that as they've now had this for about a month and are more motivated to sell. Wish I was in the position to buy it myself. Nice bike for someone though.

Here's another photo of the bike. It has already been posted to the Meridian Ford dealer website, but the rest of the photos probably won't appear until tomorrow (Wednesday). I had a chance to ride it across the parking lot and and it seems to run well. I believe the dealer will list it for $2,995, but I know there is some "wiggle room" in that price. TW's go faster as hunting season in Idaho approaches as they are very popular with the backcountry crowd.

Here's the post on the dealer's website

..and here's another photo --

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys - I've got a 2008 TW200 w/ 3,350 miles on it. Was my wifes and see no longer rides.

Would like to sell it for $2,500.00

Road miles are 95% - Very little trail riding mostly in Michigan. She did drop it a few times, VERY lite surface scratches on plastic only. NOT tank.

I live in Indiana near Indianapolis.

Tires are 95% - bike really is in very good shape.

You can reach me @ 317-902-4078 Steve

No trades or anything just wish to sell outright. Will also assist with shipping.

NOT sure how to load pictures - if interested email me at [email protected] and request oics or info and I will send them along.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts