TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Model: Yamaha TW-200

Year: 2009

Miles: 1768

Price: $2500 (includes matching helmet/goggles pictured below, trail bag, new spare oil filter and extra oil, new battery, full tank of gas)

Just had it's state inspection done last month. The bike has never seen a highway and was only used in and around the trails in the Bender's Landing area. I'm ready to move up to a larger class bike but wife only allows one motorcycle in the house, so need to sell it

location?...for those of us that don't know where the bender's landing area is...what bike are you looking to move up to?...you may miss this bike when it's gone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, you're right and should have put it on the ad. The bike is in Spring, Texas, just outside of Houston.

I will definitely miss this bike!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good price. If I were closer to you, I would buy it and keep the one I have in FL and take yours to ME. You have it priced right, it should move quickly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good price. If I were closer to you, I would buy it and keep the one I have in FL and take yours to ME. You have it priced right, it should move quickly.

Thanks, appreciate it. Any other ideas where I should post it (not craigslist)?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, appreciate it. Any other ideas where I should post it (not craigslist)?

Maybe a local MC trader rag or something like that. Aside from that you have CL and eBay, eBay is way more of a hassle and risk than CL is.

With that priced where it is, I doubt you'd have it longer than a couple of days if you list it on CL. Just weed out the idiots and tirekickers, whoever calls you and says they want it right then and have the money gets it.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Maybe a local MC trader rag or something like that. Aside from that you have CL and eBay, eBay is way more of a hassle and risk than CL is.

With that priced where it is, I doubt you'd have it longer than a couple of days if you list it on CL. Just weed out the idiots and tirekickers, whoever calls you and says they want it right then and have the money gets it.

i agree...i sold my sportbike and a lot of other items on CL (been having an ongoing yard/garage sale)...if you do CL it my advice would be make sure you talk to the buyer...don't bother with texters or emailers...serious buyers will call you...if they text you or email you tell them to call you...if you posted your phone number and they ask for your number then it's usually a scam...to avoid hassle meet somewhere convenient/close for you but not at your house and state that you will be there at a specific time sharp and tell them if they are going to be a few minutes late to call you otherwise you won't hang around and wait

·
Registered
46 Posts
FWIW, I sold my TW this fall via CL. Yes, the CL ad drew some idiots and some phishers, but in two weeks I had at least 4 or 5 serious inquirers. I do second the suggestion that you list a phone number and ignore emails, etc. Biggest problem I noticed is that I was getting calls from 200 or 300 miles away. Two different guys wanted it pretty badly, and the closest guy ultimately won. He was a retired guy (much like me) and traveled about 65 miles to purchase the bike, at my asking price. He brought a relative to test drive the TW, to have an "expert" evaluate its condition, and he put it right in the pickup truck and headed home with it. So at least here in south central PA I can certainly say I had a good experience with CL. (In fact, the ONLY reason I sold it was because I'd already purchased a 2007 Yamaha FZ6 from a CL seller, and I simply didn't have enough garage space for 2 bikes! I subsequently bought a full face helmet, a Cortech tail bag, and an armored mesh jacket from 2 different CL sellers. I now follow the listings on CL on a daily basis, for some additional tools, accessories and expendable supplies.)

Good luck with your TW sale. Looks like a nice bike at a great price, and if I had more space I'd be calling you!

- - - Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FWIW, I sold my TW this fall via CL. Yes, the CL ad drew some idiots and some phishers, but in two weeks I had at least 4 or 5 serious inquirers. I do second the suggestion that you list a phone number and ignore emails, etc. Biggest problem I noticed is that I was getting calls from 200 or 300 miles away. Two different guys wanted it pretty badly, and the closest guy ultimately won. He was a retired guy (much like me) and traveled about 65 miles to purchase the bike, at my asking price. He brought a relative to test drive the TW, to have an "expert" evaluate its condition, and he put it right in the pickup truck and headed home with it. So at least here in south central PA I can certainly say I had a good experience with CL. (In fact, the ONLY reason I sold it was because I'd already purchased a 2007 Yamaha FZ6 from a CL seller, and I simply didn't have enough garage space for 2 bikes! I subsequently bought a full face helmet, a Cortech tail bag, and an armored mesh jacket from 2 different CL sellers. I now follow the listings on CL on a daily basis, for some additional tools, accessories and expendable supplies.)

Good luck with your TW sale. Looks like a nice bike at a great price, and if I had more space I'd be calling you!

- - - Jim

thanks, I appreciate it, great info

Regarding the title, once you get the cash you sign it over and you're done, right? I think it Texas there's an additional form I have to fill out though, need to look into that.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
thanks, I appreciate it, great info

Regarding the title, once you get the cash you sign it over and you're done, right? I think it Texas there's an additional form I have to fill out though, need to look into that.

i'm sure there is a release of liability form you have to send in to your DMV , so that if the new owner plows into someone you are not responsible. in calif it is a perforated part of the title and you have the purchaser fill out their info and send it in. i'd bet they have it online too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts