TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original engine from my 2009 am looking to see if it is worth me selling it. Need assembly, New parts have for it are timing chain and chain guides. Chain tensioner, magneto and pickup, complete set of gaskets. Engine stopped run because magneto/stator (?) fried had 48,000 on it. Was planing on building it back but found a used 2013 with 750 miles on it so that’s what’s in my bike now. How much is this 2009 worth. New magneto and pick up and parts cost $500 alone

Anyone interested please make offer winter up north cost me more then planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Unfortunately due to the 48,000km on rest of engine the I fear the unassembled engine has limited value, likely less than the investment made in the new parts. You could add perceived value by assembling engine and sell as "repaired & partially re-built"

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately due to the 48,000km on rest of engine the I fear the unassembled engine has limited value, likely less than the investment made in the new parts. You could add perceived value by assembling engine and sell as "repaired & partially re-built"
Yeah I was thinking that when I posted it. Engine is not completely apart the head is off new timing chain and guides need to be installed. I got stuck at the head cause i figured it should be rebuilt before bolting back on. Got the new magneto and pick up installed. If nobody wants I’ll keep it and someday have time and $ to get it running.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just part the motor out people might want the left side case for big bore conversions etc

any part thats still good is worth money but a whole motor not running and higher miles is a zero sales wise
Thanks I figured so much. I’ll have two think about it. Not really much room around home. Got the engine together wrapped with towels in a plastic tub stored in a friends basement. Coated it with oil inside and out beforehand. Should keep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts