TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after checking two dealerships and getting feedback here from a number of fellow forum folks on pricing I have decided to sell my “like new” 2009 TW for $4,000.
Really love the bike but with only 199 miles on it I’m just not using it enough to warrant using garage space. It has been in my garage and on a battery tender all the time. The bike is all stock and in perfect condition, no dents, scratches, etc. Just took into a dealer here in the Denver, CO area today and had them run through it and give it a good time up so it’s ready to go. I’m in Parker, CO. Let me know if there are any questions.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,693 Posts
Well after checking two dealerships and getting feedback here from a number of fellow forum folks on pricing I have decided to sell my “like new” 2009 TW for $4,000.
Really love the bike but with only 199 miles on it I’m just not using it enough to warrant using garage space. It has been in my garage and on a battery tender all the time. The bike is all stock and in perfect condition, no dents, scratches, etc. Just took into a dealer here in the Denver, CO area today and had them run through it and give it a good time up so it’s ready to go. I’m in Parker, CO. Let me know if there are any questions.
Looks real nice bro!! Good luck with the sale!!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
no milers are rather common in the TW realm although I have never seen the same scenario with any other bikes except maybe vanvans

I once had a 1996 Rainbow Warrior in showroom condition that ran and rode but had just 2.8 miles

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I tried to buy the 09 for $3500 the most I have ever paid for an 09 but its different times lol - would have cost me $720 in fuel and $100 in restaurant food so he saved me from myself

heres my Rainbow Warrior the day I found it parked in front of a hicktown dealer in the Cali high desert - odo pic was when I got home and rode around my driveway I couldn't believe it started and ran perfectly
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Odometer Car Speedometer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soco66,

I tried to PM you, but have no button to do so when I click on your Username, maybe because I just joined. Can you send me a PM with your phone number so that I can talk to you about your TW for sale?

Thanks,
Leelorr

·
Super Moderator
20,693 Posts
Soco66,

I tried to PM you, but have no button to do so when I click on your Username, maybe because I just joined. Can you send me a PM with your phone number so that I can talk to you about your TW for sale?

Thanks,
Leelorr
You need to have 10 posts before you can contact other members. I just tried to contact him for you and told him you were interested. I'm sure he will contact you soon. That does look like a very nice bike. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

tommy

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
How in the world did you manage to only put 199 miles on it in 12 years?
OFG
?
199 miles moving it around in the garage for 12 years ....?
Don't forget that long road trip to the mail box. Lol.
mike from NC

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Milage like that is almost unbelievable.
Sounds like someone bought a bike they didn't want in the first place.....
When I get a brand new bike I'm usually pretty excited about it ..
There's a real good chance the bike will accumulate a couple hundred
Miles the first day ..
Why would anyone bust there butt at work for months to pay for a bike
That they didn't want in the first place ?
It seems that even if the dub turned out not to be your cup of tea ( also almost unbelievable )
It would take a couple of rides to make this assessment ....
Well to each their own...
I don't have to understand the way people think....
I just have to try to learn to except it........
mike from NC

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Super Moderator
20,693 Posts
It happens more than you think. They'll get one, put it on the back of the RV and putt around the campsite or RV parks a few times, then sell it later with ridiculously low miles on it.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Milage like that is almost unbelievable.
Sounds like someone bought a bike they didn't want in the first place.....
When I get a brand new bike I'm usually pretty excited about it ..
There's a real good chance the bike will accumulate a couple hundred
Miles the first day ..
Why would anyone bust there butt at work for months to pay for a bike
That they didn't want in the first place ?
It seems that even if the dub turned out not to be your cup of tea ( also almost unbelievable )
It would take a couple of rides to make this assessment ....
Well to each their own...
I don't have to understand the way people think....
I just have to try to learn to except it........
mike from NC
sounds like someone that doesn’t have any idea of the seller’s circumstances so maybe best to STFU, just saying’

·
Super Moderator
15,168 Posts
sounds like someone that doesn’t have any idea of the seller’s circumstances so maybe best to STFU, just saying’
Easy now fella's!!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I was just thinking out loud
To each their own .
This is America and you have the right to do what ever the hell you want..
Many people are selling unused bikes now to take advantage of covid pricing ...
The STFU comment was totally uncalled for.
I also live in America and am entitled to my own thoughts and opinions...
I also have the right to openly express them ..!
I would never try to infringe on your rights as an American citizen...
Do not try to infringe on mine......
Enough said ...

mike from NC

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I bought mine with 200 miles on it 100 years ago. The dealer said the guy bought it for his wife, she dropped it once and didn't want to ride it any more. I didn't see anything wrong with it. So I bought it and the rest is history.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I bought mine with 200 miles on it 100 years ago. The dealer said the guy bought it for his wife, she dropped it once and didn't want to ride it any more. I didn't see anything wrong with it. So I bought it and the rest is history.
And a long high mileage history it is too !

Reactions: Ken
1 - 20 of 23 Posts