TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. Good to meet ya all.:hello: I just got my "new" 2009 TW200 today!:D Big thanks to you Eddie if you also on the forum. I'm 40, and the TW200 is always in my heart since teenage. Now I am a happy man with a not so happy wifey. Only problem is: I don't have my motorcycle license yet. Hope we could have some good ride together some day.
IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0730.JPG IMG_0735.JPG

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
When you don't have a motorcycle endorsement, it's very, very, important to look like you do while riding.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome aboard"Yellow CR", and congrats on the TW !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

@ GutterBoy - It's a Honda CR, the username says so and it's on the fender. ;)

@ Borneo - Here it doesn't matter what you look like, they pull you over anyway for a 'routine' check. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome aboard"Yellow CR", and congrats on the TW !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

@ GutterBoy - It's a Honda CR, the username says so and it's on the fender. ;)

@ Borneo - Here it doesn't matter what you look like, they pull you over anyway for a 'routine' check. :)
Mud Dog,thanks for pointing that out, was aware what car it is,was asking the year is all,they were very limited...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gutterboy2ca!
Yes its an 2008. Honda gives you wings! Haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ Borneo - Here it doesn't matter what you look like, they pull you over anyway for a 'routine' check. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Mud Dog, thanks! "Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!" Love it:brave:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since I'm terrible in acting, not ready to ride the bike on the street without MC license. Don't really want to deal with cops here.

But I did had some 15 mins ride on our drive way. Found out the speedometer is out! Sometimes it stall when idle!! And not to mention the throttle response. May be the carb? Have to change oil, air filter and clear the carb soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Way back when I rode with a permit forever and a day in KY. It was a trick many younger speed demons used to do. For some odd reason back then if you were ticketed while a permit rider no points came off of your license. That has all changed long ago but many people (mainly young idiots like myself) rode that way for years. Cops don't heckle too many riders locally here except the young and dumb crotch rocket kids doing really ignorant stuff.

The TW is an ideal bike to take the riding test on. Good luck. Be Careful You're the bumper. LOL! I understand the not so happy wife deal. Last year I bought two bikes in a couple of weeks time. Not happy about the first one because I already had one so That was #2. Then I drug the second one home making it 3 in the stables and ........ well, that didn't go so well. I knew she'd get over it and I also sweetened the deal that I bought the TW for her to learn on and ride....cough, cough.;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you 87bags and longroof! I do take riding safety as a seriously matter. Today is the 2nd day on the California Highway Hatrol and AMA training course --- California Motorcyclist Safety Program. First day was in the class. This morning 6:45 to noon was the riding range, and pass the written test afternoon. Riding test will be tomorrow. It was lots of fun, well not so much in the classroom.

IMG_0778.JPG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts