TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 TW200 in show room condition, Bakersfield Ca
$3300
2300 miles, never down not even a scratch.
kick start added, it also has electric start.
Custom built bed lined rear rack with removable fuel tank, bike is plumbed for easy on and off, tool tubes and helmet locks.
Custom built fender eliminator.
Custom built skid plate.
Over sized side stand pad.
New Golden Boy front tire.
Lithium Battery.
ProTaper ATV HI bars. with Hand Guards.
Folding shifter.
Over sized pegs.
Windshield.
Tail bag not included.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
If you were close I'd buy... :(

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
How do you get a bike shipped across country? Is it feesable? Cost effective?

·
Super Moderator
17,922 Posts
(Fred) PlacerLode should have some accurate answers for you...

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I don't know of any "cheap" way to get a bike cross country. if it was a $30k Harley then $500 to $600 shipping wouldn't seem bad but on TW's and BW's etc it's a much higher shipping to cost ratio and it doesn't really work out well. If you can get the bike crated yourself you can probably ship it for $350 to $400 from Cali to Florida but then you have the crating costs and the time hauling the crate to the local dock which can burn up half a day or more in some cases. I used to pay $150 from Socal to Sacramento to save me the 8 hour drive but now they want $300 plus for the same 400 mile haul

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Thanks. That is a nice bike, best of luck to it's new owner.

I don't know of any "cheap" way to get a bike cross country. if it was a $30k Harley then $500 to $600 shipping wouldn't seem bad but on TW's and BW's etc it's a much higher shipping to cost ratio and it doesn't really work out well. If you can get the bike crated yourself you can probably ship it for $350 to $400 from Cali to Florida but then you have the crating costs and the time hauling the crate to the local dock which can burn up half a day or more in some cases. I used to pay $150 from Socal to Sacramento to save me the 8 hour drive but now they want $300 plus for the same 400 mile haul

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
How do you get a bike shipped across country? Is it feesable? Cost effective?
The question you SHOULD be asking is "After I get my one way plane ticket to Cali what routes would you guys suggest for the ride back to NJ?". It is officially riding season:D

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Ohhhh I know how to get home. I just don't know how to get out of work and from under the load of kids in college and more on the way. If I did I would be in on the Alaska Raid!

The question you SHOULD be asking is "After I get my one way plane ticket to Cali what routes would you guys suggest for the ride back to NJ?". It is officially riding season:D

Tom

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Thanks everyone, deposit taken from one of our own.
This has been a GREAT bike and a lot of fun to ride. I also sold my BMW 1150 GS, I am trying to get down to one bike. I have to many toys and not enough time.
To be 100% honest your bike is/has been my favorite TW on this entire forum. I would LOVE for you to build me a skidplate which I WOULD be willing to pay handsomely for. Hint......hint.

Tom

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I was lucky enough to inherit one of Toyanvil's racks and it was the best TW rack I had ever seen. A tad narrower than a CR and about 4" longer with a flat rear bar as all racks should have :) It also had dual Tool Tube mounts. I'm still gonna try to talk him into designing and marketing these things because everybody would want one !!!
8.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG 9.JPG
Please note my TW was crooked not the rack :)

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Please leave it in your will to me! :)

If that was for sale, consider it sold..

I was lucky enough to inherit one of Toyanvil's racks and it was the best TW rack I had ever seen. A tad narrower than a CR and about 4" longer with a flat rear bar as all racks should have :) It also had dual Tool Tube mounts. I'm still gonna try to talk him into designing and marketing these things because everybody would want one !!!
View attachment 30246 View attachment 30247 View attachment 30248 View attachment 30249
Please note my TW was crooked not the rack :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts