TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I learned long ago that selling a bike or boat or fast/classic car does nothing to calm those domestic tensions.

Good luck with your sale and hope it works out on the home front.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
I’ve always had a hankering for a (sea going) boat – last one that fit the bill was 15k – more than double that when you factor in the re-fit costs, plus mooring fees, fuel, the list goes on (every three years)

I often remind my wife of that whenever I’m looking at getting another bike – and there’s a few on my list – Norton Commando, Guzzi Le-Mans, but she always counters with “you don’t ride what you already have” – which is a tough one to answer

I tried the “Hey babe, you have over 15 pairs of shoes, 12 different jackets, and about 8 wardrobes full of stuff” – then she goes with the “folding of the arms” and the “glaring” and such like ……

I know it’s a battle of the wills, but it’s hard when you’re 6ft tall being stared down by a woman who’s a mere 4ft 10 inches – you instinctively feel “vulnerable” somehow …….. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha... You guys are awesome!

You're right -- domestic tension is only somewhat related to my motorcycles (and other toys). I have been (unsuccessfully) seeking happiness through motorized vehicles. I won't bore you with that long story, but here's the story of the bike. After I hurt my back, I wanted a light bike with a low saddle that I could run dirt roads with. So I traded my Ninja 650 for the TW. It's great at what it does, but I was frustrated by a lack of suspension travel off-road and my astoundingly blatant inability to ride it in the sand. After hurting myself several times, I decided to either give up dirt riding, or try it on a dirt bike.

Shortly after that decision, I found a DR350 not too far away for a fair deal. I find it very comfortable and I'm a much, much better dirt rider on it. I still don't have a ton of confidence in the sand, but I'm oh, so much better than I was on the TW. Then came the search for a better road bike which led me to a DR650. Good bike, but I just could not get comfortable on it at highway speeds. The search for a comfortable road oriented ADV bike led me to a Honda CB500X which is super comfortable for me. So much so, I'm planning long road rides which I haven't thought about doing for years. The TW's great, but when I realize I've only put just over 3000 miles on it in since December of 2011, I'm a bit ashamed. Maybe someone else can use it more than I.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm convinced the motorcycle gods don't want me to sell this bike. eBay ate the pictures on the listing. I couldn't fix that so I had to delete it. I went to lower the price on craigslist (two cities) and the listings were just gone. I have never had these kind of problems on eBay or CL. Weird, right?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey Retmotor, looking at your ad it appears someone pissed on your front tire. Could that be the motorcycle gods trying to tell you something? Lol

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Retmotor, looking at your ad it appears someone pissed on your front tire. Could that be the motorcycle gods trying to tell you something? Lol
Haha.. Good eye. No I don't think that's the motorcycle gods. I think that's karma for my idiocy in saying, "Sure, son. I'll take your dog for a while."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts