TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I am looking to buy a new or used tw. I found a 2013 with 130 miles for $3400. Is this a good price? Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
If we knew where you were from it would help, fill out your profile.

And welcome to the party.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It is new. A 15 is just like it except for color. Mileage makes the price and how bad it has been beaten. Sure a bit of age takes a bit off, but since about 01 they are all the same but the color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my 2013 with a Moose rear rack and less than 500 miles for $3,300. It is not pristine. It looks like the chain has never been cleaned, the battery boiled over damaging paint on the exhaust and frame. That will clean up, and with $12 in spray paint, it won't be seen.

I think that you have found your TW. Grab it before it gets away.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just got my 2013 with a Moose rear rack and less than 500 miles for $3,300. It is not pristine. It looks like the chain has never been cleaned, the battery boiled over damaging paint on the exhaust and frame. That will clean up, and with $12 in spray paint, it won't be seen.

I think that you have found your TW. Grab it before it gets away.

Hi Aspenmeadow

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your TW as much as I do .:D

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
667 Posts
I bought my 2014 as a new leftover a couple months ago for $3850

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bike looks like it is in excellent condition from the pics. There where a two mods, one that I liked and the other disliked. It had a tci moose rack which I would have eventually bought but he also replaced the stock tires with more street friendly ones. The front is a mets led enduro 3 Sahara and the back a Bridgestone trailwing tw200. I would've like the original knobbies but that's ok. I think I will look at it and buy it if it checks out.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
If the $3850 for a new 2014 is out the door with taxes, warranty and all then you guys smoked them! 130 miles is great unless the PO was a new learner who dropped it a few times or hammered the brand new engine way too hard. Here in NY I would say $3400 is a decent deal and I would be thrilled to get that for the 2006 I have in my garage with 73 miles on it. As mentioned above, there is no difference except colors on all the TWs over the last 15 years. When you go to view this bike you should be able to get a good idea what kind of person the PO is. If he has nice stuff that is well cared for and appears to be a decent guy then make a deal and join the club.

GaryL

·
Registered
486 Posts
My 2014 was $3600 out the door - new w/warranty, sans sales tax.
I had to pay tax, title, plate & reg in my home state. $320.00

·
Registered
564 Posts
Grab it! I searched my neck of the woods in vain for used only to find them 100s of miles away. Finally went for new (2014) for a couple of grand more.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Got it! View attachment 17413

Thank you all for your good advice!
Congratulations!!!! You have purchased an awesome, versatile, two wheel chariot of the God's. Now let's rip off all of that stuff and make it better;)

Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Congratulations!!!! You have purchased an awesome, versatile, two wheel chariot of the God's. Now let's rip off all of that stuff and make it better;)

Tom
Tom, you're going to scare him. He is either riding it or admiring it right now and loving every part of it. Give him a week at least... ;)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Tom, you're going to scare him. He is either riding it or admiring it right now and loving every part of it. Give him a week at least... ;)
I didn't get a week! Nobody get's a week:evil4:

Tom

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
oh....you're so evil..
I suppose you will have him opening his wallet for all kinds of farkles soon... ;)

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
oh....you're so evil..
I suppose you will have him opening his wallet for all kinds of farkles soon... ;)
Nooooo. Not me. I am a live and let live guy:rolleyes:

Tom

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts