TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
super nice gent I spoke with on the phone and I'm trying to get him to join the forum to share the motor "upgrade" he has planned

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
Kinda makes a guy wish he had a sick motor. Montana is area code 406, right?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kinda makes a guy wish he had a sick motor. Montana is area code 406, right?
Yes it's Billings MT

I'm super interested in getting the info on the Mikuni slide carb and where he got the throttle cable made he says it changed the whole deal on how the TW runs

He says the carb is a 100% direct fit to intake and airbox only the throttle cable needs to be updated

I want to do a higher rise bar setup so I'll need all new (longer) cables anyway

The cooler is Honda 450 like has been mentioned here on the forum and the cooler adapter is from Web!ke Japan

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can fabricate your own cables ,beatrice cycle has the components readily available for instance if you want something like a kit ,I have made my own since I was a kid ,my dad taught me how to make molds for the lead ends as he used to cast lead soldiers

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just looked at the add ,and generally it is not recommended to break your engine in with synthetic oil so that's something to consider with this engine .

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just looked at the add ,and generally it is not recommended to break your engine in with synthetic oil so that's something to consider with this engine .
I've heard arguments both ways but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything with 92 miles

at the worst it will just take more miles for the rings to seat

Most new quality cars now run pure synthetic

All my Harley fanatic buddies run synthetic from mile 1 they won't even ride it home before they switch to synthetic

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the smaller 250 version of that cooler mounted onto my rear shock base mount, and the "Dial-A-Jet" made for the tractor like torque that he claims from the Mikuni carb; but I am very interested in what he is planning on using for a replacement engine. I've sent him a note of inquiry. When I hear back, I'll let y'all know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts