Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_6603.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_8234.JPG
IMG_9078.JPG
IMG_6590.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG
It is with great sadness that I start to part out my TW.

Here is a lesson I learned the hard way.
Changed my oil at 9000 miles or so. Road 500 miles to my brother's house in Charlotte, NC where I relocated. Proceeded to use the TW for a daily driver in hot weather. Temps in the 90's consistently.
Riding consistently at highway speeds in excess of 60mph for weeks. Mileage reached 9900 and I experienced a sudden loss in power while riding. Motor quit and I coasted to a stop.
Inspection revealed almost no oil in the case. I was able to add 2/3 of a quart to reach the proper amount. Unreal!!

Lesson. Check the oil before every stinking ride!! I'm bummed.

A stupid and preventable mistake cost me the motor. Rod disconnected from piston, snapped the connector (so I'm told by a shop) and I cracked the case.
I'm told I need a new motor which it seems will be more than the bike's value.

So....here's some stuff I've added.
Cycleracks rack.
Mounted a Pelican case to it.
Three tractor fuel tubes. One holds the tool kit, the others more fuel.
Upgraded foot pegs from the guy from this forum.
Hand brush guards.

She's white with blue accents.
No scratches, plastics in great shape.
Everything but the motor is in good shape.

Pictures to follow soon. She's at the shop until tomorrow or so.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sucks.
If you liked the bike and it sounds like you did with all the accessory additions and what you said about the body plastics. I'd just wait to find a used TW or even an XT225 motor. Should be a very easy swap. Find one in the $500 or less ballpark. Check CoParts website for salvage bikes. All you need is the motor. Better than starting over again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very true. I've thought about that. But I'm recently single and am planning to live on the road for a while. I was planning to trade her for a more suitable bike for cross country travel. I'm planning to do the over the world route into Alaska soonish. Thanks for the advice. I figure somebody here could do the same thing and have a pretty sweet ride.

Sucks.
If you liked the bike and it sounds like you did with all the accessory additions and what you said about the body plastics. I'd just wait to find a used TW or even an XT225 motor. Should be a very easy swap. Find one in the $500 or less ballpark. Check CoParts website for salvage bikes. All you need is the motor. Better than starting over again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pictures posted. Entertaining offers for the whole thing before I start parting it out. Thanks all for your interest.
I’m new to this forum so I probably didn’t reply in the right manner. I don’t know where to view the pictures you posted, but I’m interested in buying the blown TW200. If you are in/near Charlotte, NC I’m not to far from you. I also don’t know how to pm anyone on here yet? Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pm sent Bodiddly. After this weekend, I'll be taking it apart and offering the parts to those who have contacted me in order. Thanks all for the interest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zakmontoya I really do appreciate you introducing this sweet TW to me, she is beautiful, I really love her and don’t even know her name! My wife has already sensed my affection for the new girl so I don’t know what will happen....
To my wife lol. She will be well taken care of though ( the TW of course) and happy trails and safe cruising on your new adventures going forward! Cheers
Bodiddlly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts