TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[video]http://marksmiller.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/i-xWM4J4m/A[/video]Just pulled from the used engine not cleaned yet not that it needed it

Not cleaned yet

2013 used engine looks fantastic so far. I was going to open both sides but after opening valve covers and looking around the whole engine, oil filter, breather tube, everything is looking brand new. Going to fill it with oil and turn it by hand check the valves new plug cause I have it. Might get to turn it over tonight.

I don’t remember the white plastic part in the front sprocket chamber on my ‘09 maybe it was missing

Do I need to be concerned over the paint on the valve springs chipping off?
See 4th pic.

Didn’t get it installed today. Spent some time cleaning and laying parts out. Cleaned the oil filter and checked the valve clearance both where right on. Didn’t remove the sides thinking this engine is barely broke in. Still was a full day and feeling good and tired. Will be attempting mounting the engine tomorrow. If I can figure out how the pdf file I have has really crappy images. Can’t find anything showing me what bolt goes where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the engine mounted it got easier going along I started remembering where things go. Got stuck on two things one was a brain fart. My old neutral wire was still attached to the frame and the engine came with one attached to the neutral switch. So at some point was thinking I’d have to reach out here to see what this extra electrical connection was like I said brain fart.

The other it’s the throttle return spring just can’t see to get it right. That’s where I’m at might just try kicking it over and calling it a night.

Got it to run first try going to upload a video ASAP (tomorrow from work)

Still need to mount tailpipe and fix the throttle return spring.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Are you re-powering a bike that had an engine die ?? What brings you to this point. I would not take anything apart further either. Should be pretty straight forward, happy to swap text pics of one together if it would help ?? let me know...

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you re-powering a bike that had an engine die ?? What brings you to this point. I would not take anything apart further either. Should be pretty straight forward, happy to swap text pics of one together if it would help ?? let me know...
Yes my ‘09 has over 50k miles on it March 2017 the motor died. Going to be back at in the morning. Cool Thank you! i just might need to take you up on those pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Great forum attitude Doug. +1 bro!! :D
I'll pm you a phone #, I have found so much information and help here, that I would be glad if there is anything I could do to help someone else.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
50,000 miles on an 2009, that's a lot of miles. Mine is a 1993 and I am over 44,000 miles. The only thing that actually made mine not run was the valves. I did a valve job and replaced the timing chain guides and everything has been fine. I did measure the bore and piston for wear when it was apart and it was still in spec. Your old engine may not be that worn. Yamaha did a great job on these engines.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2013 Used engine and Carb rebuild Fires up on first try

[video]http://marksmiller.smugmug.com/Other/SmugShots/i-xWM4J4m/A[/video]Yes i think for the most part my old engine is worth rebuilding might just do that and have a spare plus the knowledge of doing it.
50,000 miles on an 2009, that's a lot of miles. Mine is a 1993 and I am over 44,000 miles. The only thing that actually made mine not run was the valves. I did a valve job and replaced the timing chain guides and everything has been fine. I did measure the bore and piston for wear when it was apart and it was still in spec. Your old engine may not be that worn. Yamaha did a great job on these engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts