TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again TW lovers,

After a long and bitterly cold winter, I finally had the chance to break in my new AG200. It seems to be a great bike for the places I've seen here. The lack of umph is gonna take some warmin' up to, but it'll also likely save me from learning off-road riding skills 'the hard way'.

As promised, here are some pics from my weekend about 30 km south of Ulaanbaatar. Enjoy!

whose tanks.jpg fr4.jpg fr5.jpg fr6.jpg fr7.jpg

I wonder who those tanks belong to on the train :confused:

Ride safely,

MP

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
A sweet looking machine in desolate terrain. I see lots of happy times coming for Pete. Thanks for sharing. If you ever get a chance to snap a few pictures of one of the Ger camps, I for one would love to see them.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Mighty Nice Pete, sounds like a fun weekend. Your Photos capture sense of open country, springtime cold and the joy of a new bike owner. Was that a frozen smile we see on your face?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fred - I'm usually smiling when I'm riding, especially on new bike ;-)

qwerty - seat is VERY comfy...no idea if it will fit a TW

ronny - not very high...those sheep are endangered...id prolly get in trouble even if i were to find horns and try to ship em; but, I'll surely post pics if i come across some of those big horny beasties ;-)

More to come; and better quality once I get my Canon Powershot...these were cell phone jobs

Ride safe,

MP

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Now thats a bike they should import to Canada and the US. Ok I shouldn't complain ... at least we have the mighty TW200

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AGman - The gearing was just fine, considering it's my first experience with 5 up. My other bikes were 1 down and 4 up. I was looking for another gear after 5, but only on the paved roads, which were few and far between. I'll be looking for a gas can and maybe water can that will mount well, but other than that, I think Aagii and I will have a lovely summer in the Mongolian countryside together.

Peterb - By 'they' do you mean Mongol Pete? I wouldn't mind shipping some AG200s to points West ;) However, mine is the first and only one in Mongolia, as far as I know.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Pete, are you a teacher since we seem to have a few other teachers both active and retired on forum? I ask since there seems to be quite the mix of chinese, russian and native languages there that would be a challenge to most of us. Deciphering the road signs alone would make my head spin.
Your posts here give us a fascinating glimpse into a different world, thanks for the entertainment. Great stuff.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fred - Yes, I have taught ESL/EFL in New York, Wash DC, Incheon, Korea, and now Ulaanbaatar. I am learning to read Mongolian slowly, and to speak even more slowly :confused: The native language is Mongolian, which now uses Russian letters, but is a completely different language. There's not much Chinese here in terms of signs, but the kids do learn it in many schools, along with English and Russian, but not as much Russian as before 1990 ;)

TrailTodd - Lots of guards, yes. My favorite is the bash guard on the chain guard. At just under 80 km on the odometer, I haven't yet tested any of her guards, but of course that is just a matter of time. I'm glad they're there, even if they may be a bit tough to work around. Oh, and there are 5 gears up (not down for 1st), not 6, but I'll make it work.

Have fun folks,

MP

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OWT - I am a member of TESOL. I had a chance to go to their 2012 convention in Philly. Why do you ask, sir?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts