TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the new model? Love the colors. Anyone ride these beasts? If so please tell me your riding experience and overall feel and thoughts. .:pirate:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Borneo I envy you. That bike is got the kool factor for sure. Tell me about the bike, how it compares to your tw and what you like riding more and why.. thanks man..:cool:

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
It simply doesn't compare to the TW. It is a different machine all together. Lots of power and speed. Great handling and very responsive to throttle. It is not however what I would call a true adventure bike. It simply doesn't have the suspension and such for that. Plenty fine for fire roads though, but I used to ride a BMW GS for 15 years, and it isn't in that category. The Scrambler is also a heavy bike. In the picture you see the panniers, which I generally remove and unbolt the racks when a trip is not on the horizon. When that stuff is off I put on a solo seat and a small rear cowl with a very small rack. In my opinion the solo seat is far more attractive and further enhances he "cool" factor. It was in for service recently and the shop guys weren't too thrilled with my cleaning program. I ride the thing, and I live on a dirt road. It's generally ruggedly dirty. I'm not much of a bike polisher. The other bike you see just barely is a military Enfield, which for reasons I can't explain (largely due to it's incredibly primitive mechanics) I enjoy immensely. It looks like this (except mine has an old fashioned sprung solo seat:

View attachment 5593

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I guess I did't really answer all of your question. It's hard to say what I enjoy riding more. When I ride the TW, I generally ride off road, and I get to ride with my nephews, which I enjoy very much. I really don't consider the TW much of a road machine. When I ride the Scrambler I am generally alone, and I frequently take trips on it. Different applications I guess. I suppose if it wasn't for the boys I would not ride the TW much at all. I am an old motocross racer and very comfortable off road. I am used to using throttle to manage off road situations at speed which simply isn't an option on a TW. If it wasn't for the boys I would probably be riding something like a WR450F with a street kit. (Yes, I know that is sacrilege here, but it's the truth.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Oh, I have a few bikes :D Yes, I have heard the arrow exhaust, it is impressive. Many switch exhaust to avoid having to offset the panniers. Truthfully though, the stock exhaust has a very pleasant "Triumph" type resonance that I like. There are videos on line where you can hear the arrow.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
If you could only have 1 bike in your stable what would it be?
That's an incredibly tough question since any one bike can't really do it all. However for the exercise I will give it a try, and understand, I am assuming that having this bike is indeed possible...in other words I can afford it.

View attachment 5650

Harley Davidson WLA

·
Registered
101 Posts
The scrambler Is a great bike, but to really take it off road it's just not realistic.
Yes it can be done, I have BUT I never felt comfortable with $8500 and nearly 500#.

Loved it on the street and dirt road to camp but bike never left off the hard surface.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The scrambler Is a great bike, but to really take it off road it's just not realistic.
Yes it can be done, I have BUT I never felt comfortable with $8500 and nearly 500#.

Loved it on the street and dirt road to camp but bike never left off the hard surface.
Nice do you still have it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It simply doesn't compare to the TW. It is a different machine all together. Lots of power and speed. Great handling and very responsive to throttle. It is not however what I would call a true adventure bike. It simply doesn't have the suspension and such for that. Plenty fine for fire roads though, but I used to ride a BMW GS for 15 years, and it isn't in that category. The Scrambler is also a heavy bike. In the picture you see the panniers, which I generally remove and unbolt the racks when a trip is not on the horizon. When that stuff is off I put on a solo seat and a small rear cowl with a very small rack. In my opinion the solo seat is far more attractive and further enhances he "cool" factor. It was in for service recently and the shop guys weren't too thrilled with my cleaning program. I ride the thing, and I live on a dirt road. It's generally ruggedly dirty. I'm not much of a bike polisher. The other bike you see just barely is a military Enfield, which for reasons I can't explain (largely due to it's incredibly primitive mechanics) I enjoy immensely. It looks like this (except mine has an old fashioned sprung solo seat:

View attachment 5593
Nice bikes Borneo! I was about to ask if that was a Ural or some other military bike behind the Triumph! Very sweet collection!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Would love to have one of the Triumph Scramblers. Matte Green, Tan leather seat, Knobby tires. This is another bike that is hard to find used. Seems most people buy them and keep them.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
wb is most likely more knowledgeable than me, but to my eye there is not much difference between the bonnie and the scram other than cosmetics. Low pipe a scram (I've seen them) and they start looking like a bonnie.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts